Six

I sat tapping my fingers on the table as someone sat down in front of me.
"Hello Julie. My name is Jax and I'll be your test navigator today."
"Oh goodie! I get a chaperone too!"
"No. I'm here to just ask you the questions. Let me read you the rules. As you know this test is the academic portion of the tests. The two with the highest scores get to go home." Jax said.
"Wait I thought as long as you passed you got to go home. As long as you had a high enough passing score?"
"The rules have changed. Now I will ask you questions and you will do your best to answer correctly."
"Ok. Let's get started." I said.
"Very well. What is the square root of sixty four?"
"That's easy. Eight."
"Just testing." He said.

The test continued. Each question harder than the last. I sat inside the room for hours and hours before there was an announcement that the test was half way done with. I hated this.
"When is this thing over?" I asked.
"You have two more questions left." Said Jax.
"Really? I thought I was only half way."
"No those are the others. You're going faster."
"Oh." I answered my two questions and was free to go. I left the room and saw Damon leaning up against the wall in the hallway.
"What're you doing?" I asked.
"Waiting for you." He said.
"Oh. Well come on. We don't want to miss dinner."
"You mean the broadcast?"
"No I mean dinner." we walked through the dark hallway until we reached the dining hall. Charlotte clapped and hooted.
"I finally have a decent pair of test takes!" Charlotte squealed.
"Yeah. Well don't get used to it. We'll probably die in the fight." I said.
"Not if you're smart enough." Said Charlotte. Maybe she didn't know about the rule yet.

Me and Damon sat through dinner not eating much. We were both anxious to see our test scores. After about half an hour of baring with charlotte and her horrible stories of when she did the tests we heard the little jingle implicating that the broadcast was starting.

We all shuffled into the lounge and planted ourselves in front of the tv monitor. The utopias crest and anthem displayed its self and then the broad cast started. The announcer began.
"In first place with 100% is Mr. Herbert swings." Great one down one more to go. I crossed my fingers and closed my eyes.
"In second place with 97% is miss Lucy Jackson." I took a deep breathe and a tear slid down my cheek. I wasn't going to go home.
"In third place is miss Juliet Andrews with 96%." I was starting to zone out.
"In forth place with 95% is Damon Davidson."
"Um I'm gonna go to bed I can't... I can't watch this anymore."
"Ok sweetie. Just remember to stay strong."
"Yeah ok."

I wasn't going to go home. I'd let Damon kill me before letting him die. I'm not going home.