©hapter 13

un-edited

I could feel Lando's agitation roll off in waves as he sped through the streets of uptown . He turned down a narrow alley his Jeep fitting surprisingly . I barely remember how we got in this situation one minute I'm telling him about how I want to attend Elite next Im about to become best friends with his seat belt . " Sweet baby Jesus Lando slow your ass down "

    " We're almost there girl so sit tight "

Sit tight this asswad is about to fucking kill me " Bitch that's a wall " I shut my eyes bracing for an impact that never came . Do all people who die in car crashes go peacefully . " Don't be a sissy Tay open your eyes and experience the vast wonders of the Supernatural " so Im not dead well that's good .

Looking through my fingers to see a city below us . Wow . Scooting closer to the dashboard noticing the moving figures and cars . It's almost like a Disney scene at how much life is moving around . Now if they break into a musical Im admitting myself to a psych ward . Passing up ordinary restaurants and stores that you'd see anywhere . " Riley is most likely uptown . An we have to walk mostly around there or we'll be in bad traffic , " 

    " Where exactly are we ? "

" the city of Atari , it's highly populated with nobles and the warriors so if you live in this district you're kind of important . It's about twenty miles out from the castle. "

  " What about Earth wise are we still in Florida ? "

" Yeah near the coast , around the Everglades sorta . See the way the Supernatural world is set up we take each state cut it in half and we take the half with the most vegetation such as forests woods etcetera . On global maps it shows you the whole state , but it doesn't show where it splits . Spells and charms prevent humans from crossing over into our cities so you'll get some weird looks because you smell mostly human , but Riley's scent is all up on you . Anyways to explain more about how our worlds work you have to take Wiz Geography at Elite so that'll clear up confusion . " He explained parking on a side street .

   Climbing out I make sure I have my phone and wristlet . It looks like something straight out a commercial . The buildings tall , lots of people walking around at least half of them tan , and a beachy relaxed business vibe . I held on to Lando as we got deeper into the city . Well he wasn't wrong I am getting some weird ass looks . I glanced at him to ask about Starbucks stopping as I notice his adjusted features.  " Bitcchh what " he laughed slinging an arm around my shoulder . His features look more enhanced his blonde hair sporting highlights , his skin just a tad bit darker making his forest green eyes pop , his ears pointed . His canines even extended .

    " Mid-shift baby doll . It's for your protection . Some of these snobs will step out of line and I got to be ready to show them who not to fuck with. "

" You look ... Good . What the fuck how the hell do you get hotter " I crossed my arms in defeat . It's like when I think something can't happen it goes right back around to prove me wrong .

        His playful expression changed as we passed a group of girls who went inside a coffee shop . Not a second later squealing can be heard . His smile back on his face . " Found your girl " I smiled nervously as he dragged me behind him .

   Why do I feel like I'm invading her space . The sweet smell of cinnamon and nutmeg hitting me like a truck as we step inside . I pulled gently for Lando to slow down . We're inside no need to run . The interior modern and relaxed , but all dark colors we went upstairs . Instead of tables it's booths with red curtains most open . My eyes found Riley immediately . Even she looks different . Her features altered ever so slightly . The oceanic blue contrasting with her hazel eye . The tip of her ears pointed almost reminds me of an elves . She flashed a smile at the waiter as he put her drink down showing her extended canines .