Chapter Four

So hello, I guess I got a promotion at work? That's still unclear, so I've been working my ass off with that and when I'm not at work, working. I'm home cleaning or gardening. 

It's been quite sometime, but today, today Levy McGarden was going to go back to the guild. Since before she went on the mission where her train got attacked and she found that recent development. And that was around two weeks ago. So she's known she's been pregnant for the last two weeks, and the only people who knew were herself and Lucy. Sure, the blunette knew she should tell the father, but how? She hasn't exactly figured that out yet. But Levy knew that next person that will know no matter what is Gajeel. It was his baby, so he needs to know.

Walking into the guild, Levy was determined to make plans with a certain dragon slayer to hang out, outside of the guild. This way she could hopefully to tell him, without the entire guild listening in on their conversation. Levy was really thankful that it was nice and warm out for a change. Maybe she'd ask him to go on a walk, and she'd tell him then, or maybe ask him to dinner and tell him over them just casually eating. Either way, she hoped by the end of the day he'd know.

As soon as Levy got to the guild, she noticed it was already wrecked. Which only meant everyone had probably got into a fight. Looking around, Levy saw Gajeel standing by the job board. He was drinking a mug of what looked like beer, and as she got closer to him she could smell him. The strong metallic scent that Gajeel was admitting, Levy could nearly taste on the tip of her tongue. And since Levy could smell him, Gajeel could smell her. So the Iron dragon slayer turned to his side to look at her. 

When her eyes met his, Levy felt her heart skip a beat. Suddenly she felt bare and covered her chest by folding her arms over it. She knew in a minute or so, she'd be making plans to change his entire life forever. Walking up to him, Levy could hardly breathe. It was like the air was thick and heavy. The blunette almost started crying and Gajeel, looking at her, could see that.

"Oi, what's yer problem?" Gajeel rubbed the back of his head.

Levy felt her knees get all weak and wobbly. "C-can we, um, get coffee?"

Gajeel could hear how nervous she was and he could see the trembling of her body. Is she okay? She was avoiding looking him in the eye. Or even directly at him. "I was going ta go on a mission, wanna come with?" 

Her eyes met his, he could tell that something was seriously off about her now... Then he noticed her scent, but it's been this way for a while now. So was she still on her female thing or was it something different? He couldn't pin point what it exactly was.

"I-I c-can't... Please, get coffee with me." She gulped as she finally looked into his eyes.

Gajeel nodded. "Sure, Shrimp." He sighed and looked back to the job board, after he was done with Levy he figured he'd still go ahead and do the mission. Especially since it was one that seemed rather exciting to the Dragon Slayer. 

Levy led the both of them out of the guild, in a silence that actually became uncomfortable.Of course that could just be because neither of them were speaking, but Gajeel felt otherwise. He felt like something was wrong, and was wondering why she had to talk to him right now and it couldn't wait? "Shrimp yer scarin' me." 

Levy bit her lip, keeping quiet. Eventually when the two arrive at the cafe, they each keep to themselves until they're seated. And the blue haired script mage, is quite terrified and doesn't even know how to talk to Gajeel. Yet here she is. Needing to tell Gajeel about their baby. 

"Levy" Him calling her that and not Shrimp, seriously threw her off. "Seriously, tell me what is botherin' you." Gajeel folded his arms and leaned back into his seat.

"I'm pregnant." Levy mumbled, inaudible. 

"What?" Gajeel leaned closer to her, not too sure if he just heard her right. Did she just say what I think she said? He looked at her face.

Levy was too busy looking down, twiddling her thumbs. "Gajeel, I'm pregnant." She spoke a little louder now, but he could hear her clearer and froze at what she said.

"Pregnant?" Gajeel looked into her eyes. They were blood shot. He could see that. 

She looked away, not wanting him to see her face. "Your baby..." She stopped moving her thumbs and she refused to look at Gajeel.

Gajeel stayed silent, watching her. So that's why her smell has been off... Gajeel stood up and grabbed Levy, picking her up against her will and carried to her to the nearest drug store. He was going to buy one of those tests to confirm it. Levy wiggled in his arms, trying to get out. But Gajeel didn't care and wasn't going to let her go without knowing how accurate what she just said was. So he bought a few different tests and didn't even care when the store attendant look at the two weirdly. He had to know if he really knocked Levy up that one night they had sex! 

When they left the store, he carried her all the way to his apartment and finally set her down, still holding the bag in his hand as he unlocked the door. Levy looked up at the dragon slayer, and stayed silent as she took the bag out of his hands and then walked into his apartment. Gajeel's floor was covered in little metal shavings. Levy stepped around it all, until she reached the living room's couch. Everything in his apartment was simple, no decorations and everything was nearly black, minus the wooden floors and gray walls. And Levy wasn't at all shocked by this, having already been in his bachelor pad one time.

Levy sat the bag on the table and took a test out. Gajeel sat next to her and watched her. He never expected to be in this predicament with her. He knows and understand that they had slept together, and everything, but he never thought she'd get pregnant from it. Why wasn't she taking the precautions? All of the other girls he had... were? 

Levy stood up, holding the test, though she knew what it was already going to say. "So I'll just go take this..." She refused to look at Gajeel again. "I'll let you know what it says." She turned around and began walking away. 

"No after ya done, bring it here." He placed his elbows on the table and rested his head in his hands. 

"Okay." Levy nodded and went to the bathroom. 

Ten minutes later, Gajeel flipped the test over and saw the two little pink lines on it and looked over at Levy. "What does this mean?" He showed her the test.

"It means it's positive... Which means that I am pregnant." She knew that probably wasn't what he wanted to hear. 

"So go take another one. There's a chance ya not, if one of them come up negative right?" Gajeel threw the positive one across the coffee table and leaned back into his couch.

"I don't have to pee right now..." Levy was starting to get the feeling that he didn't want her to be... And it wasn't that she wanted to be pregnant. But now that she was, it wasn't like she could do something about it. She was going to be a mother, and that was that. And if he wanted to be a father, he could be, he didn't have to be. She was trying to give him a choice. 

"Levy." Gajeel pleaded. When she looked into his eyes, she could tell he was scared. 

She never thought she'd ever see Gajeel scared, worth anything... But he was kind of being a jerk, she thought. "I get that you're afraid, I am too. But I don't think we have a choice in this kind of thing. It's not like I can pick a test and suddenly not be pregnant. I am, and I don't have a choice... But if you don't want this baby, you're free to go. I only told you out of obligation."