Chapter 6

I told y'all this one was gonna be long!!!

***************************************************

The next evening they apperated to the Burrow. Fred had to keep what Hermione told him to himself. After all, no one was suppose to know about Harry and Ginny. Mrs. Weasley had out done herself with decorations and food. She didn't know what the party was for, but that still didn't stop her from making as much food as the Hogwarts House Elfs did.

"Mom, it smells good in here!" Fred, like all the Weasley boys, loved to eat. "Yes, Molly, It smells wonderful in here." Hermione piped up. "Do you need any help"? Hermione hated sitting and watching her do all the work, so she usually always volunteered to help with the food. "Why yes Hermione, I do. Thank you." Molly smiled. She loved that Hermione was willing to help. "Oh, Fred. The guys are outside getting ready to play Qudditch." With that Fred kissed Hermione on the forehead and told her he'd see her for dinner.

Molly yelled out the door to let the guys know dinner was ready. They all came in and washed up, than sat at the table to eat. After dinner they sat at the table laughing and catching up with the others. As Molly was bring out dessert Ginny stood up. "Ok, every one, I, well Harry and I have something tell you. " She stood there, pulled Harry up out of his seat, and looked at every ones faces. "Well, come out with I want a piece of mom's chocolate cake before all of you start to dig in!" George joked. "Well...." Hermione could tell her friend was nervous, so she gave a smile, and Ginny continued "Harry and I are three months pregnant!" The whole room forgot about the cake and was congratulating Harry and Ginny.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Two months after they decided to be the second couple in the Weasley family to have a kid (Two months after the decision is one month after Ginny and Harrys announcement) Hermione started to feel weird. She wasn't getting sick or anything, she just felt a bit off. So, One morning she woke up before Fred, wrote a note saying she had to go into work early, and laid it on the kitchen table. Then she sent an owl to Kingsley saying she would be late to work because of a prior engagement. She shut and locked the door. As she stood on the steps, she turned to look at the house, wondering if she should tell Fred where she was going. 'No' She thought. 'I'll tell him after I find out what's going on. No need to get his hopes up.' With one turn she apperated to Saint Mongo's.

"Mrs. Weasley...." The Healer had just walked back into the room. "You're two months pregnant. Congratulations!" Hermione just smiled. "I'll get you a note to take to work with you." The Healer walked out of the room. All Hermione could think about was telling Fred that he was going to be a dad.

Instead of going straight to work Hermione went to the Joke Shop. She was excited, but also nervous. Having a baby is a big deal, and even though she knew Fred wanted to be dad, she wasn't sure she was ready to be a mom quite yet. On the plus side her baby would be born a month after Ginny's. She opened the door to the shop, walked in and saw Fred at the register. She just stared at him. She had no clue on how to break the news to him. "Oi, Hermione, shouldn't you be at work?" She turned to see George. After hearing his brother mention her name Fred walked over to her. "Yeah babe, I though you had to be at work early?" Fred looked confused. He only had to look into her eyes to know that she had lied to him that morning. He wasn't sure how he felt about that.

"YOU DIDN'T GO TO WORK THIS MORNING?" Fred decided he was mad. How dare she lie to him, he was her husband, she should have told him the truth. "WHERE DID YOU GO THEN HERMIONE? IF YOU DIDN'T GO TO WORK WHERE DID YOU GO?" Tears welled up in her eyes. For as long as she had known the Weasleys Fred never got mad, and he never yelled at her. He noticed a tear coming down her cheek, but for once he didn't care. She lied.

"Fred, please stop yelling." Hermione was full on sobbing. "Can I....I talk to you alone please? I have something to tell you." He didn't know what she was going to tell him. His mind went to worse case scenario she cheated.... 'Oh Merlen, please don't let be what she has to say'. He took her hand, and guided her to the back room. "What do have to tell me Hermione?" His voice was shaky, he was preparing for the worse.

"Please don't interrupt until I finish." He figured she deserved at least that, so he nodded. "I didn't go to work this morning, because I went to Saint Mongos." She paused. His face now full of worry. He was no longer mad, but worried about his wife. "I have been feeling a bit off, I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to get your hopes up just for them to come crashing down. Fred, I'm two months pregnant!" Her smile made him smile. "Are you serous? Really? Are you sure?" Hermione laughed. "Yes, I'm sure. Fred, we're going to parents!" As he took her in his arm and started kissing her they herd a big "YES" from George who had been listening via extendable ears.

When Hermione got to work she went straight to Kingsley's office, placed the doctor's not on his desk and walked out to hers. A few moments later he came out of his office to quietly congratulate her, and told she could have the rest of the off. When she got home Fred was already there. They decided to invited everyone over to tell them the news. Hermione was afraid it would give poor Molly a heart attack, seeing was going to get two grandbabies two months apart from each other, but Fred told her she would just cry tears of joy. They waited for everyone to get to the house.

Hermione had tea set out for all of them when the got there. Once everyone was seated Fred couldn't help himself. "Hermione is pregnant!!!" Ginny ran up to Hermione and almost knocked to the ground with a hug. "How far are you? When did you find out?" Ginny wanted to know. "I am two months, and I just found out today!" Molly came over to the girls and embraced them. "I'm gonna be a grandma twice!" And before the guys knew it the women were crying waterfalls.