Keeper of the Lost Cities

A/N      
So right now I am only doing one for each book. I will probably do more later though. This oneshot is really bad, and it has a TON of fluff. Hope you enjoy though!

Up until that fateful day, he didn't realize how much she meant to him. How much he cared for her. How much he loved her. And now, she was gone forever. He would never be able to look into her gorgeous brown eyes, or hear her sweet laugh. Suddenly, his memories of her came flooding back: her winning BQ, finding her in the museum, and her. Just her. In his eyes, she was the most beautiful girl in the world. She WAS his world. He missed her so much. Even though he thought that he would never be able to sleep, but he soon became drowsy. As he fell asleep, Fitz thought, I love you Sophie Foster, and I always will.

His nightmares were full of her terrified face as she drowned. Even though he was there with her, he could not help her. He woke up sweating, with tears on his cheeks. Fitz got dressed, knowing that the nightmares would not let him sleep. He checked himself in the mirror, even though he didn't really care what he looked like. He found his memory log. The memories that he had projected only made his eyes well up with tears. He heard a faint whisper, almost nothing in his head. Fitz, help. "STOP!!" he yelled to himself.  He hated himself for letting her go back without even talking to her. He could have saved her life! Please, Fitz. I need your help. If you can follow my voice, please find me. "But you're dead!" he whispered. I'm not dead -yet. Please, they're going to kill us. Then the voice stopped. He half consciously heard his mom call him down for breakfast, but he knew that it would be the same as always. Biana would have red and puffy eyes, with her makeup all smeared on her face. Alden, looking haggard and old. Well, as old as an elf can look. Della was pale, her dress wrinkled, and her hair all tangled. But he was the worst. He dared not to even look at himself in the mirror. He did splash his face with cold water, and that helped a lot. Oh Sophie, he thought helplessly. Suddenly, he heard her voice, Please, Fitz. We're in Paris-Pont Alexandre III. We need help. Please tell your dad, and hurry! "Shut up!" He growled repeatedly  to himself. Please listen to me. I'm not dead, but I might be if you don't come. Please send help! "STOP!!!!!" he screamed at himself, he felt the sobs rising in his chest, along with anger. Why did she have to be taken from him? It's Sophie, Fitz. Dex is hurt, and I'm too weak to help him. Please come. I can't hold on any longer... There it was, her voice again! Why couldn't he just forget it? Please, Fitz, I need your help. I'm not dead-not yet. Please Fitz, you have to come. Before it's too late. His door opened. Keefe and Biana walked in, looking just as bad as he himself probably did. Right then Fitz decided. "I keep hearing Sophie's voice in my head." There's a tree here, Fitz. Part of it has green leaves and part of it has flowers and part of it has snow. It's huge. If you know where it is, please hurry. Without realizing it, he projected the image onto the wall. Keefe looked at him in surprise. "She's dead though, so I must be imagining it! It's so real though! She keeps asking me to come" Fitz cries.  "But what if she IS there?" Biana asked "Yeah, dude. What have we got to lose by just checking?"  ."That's where Sophie is. You guys are right. We have to save her!" They leapt to Lumenaria, but his heart dropped when he saw the condition that Dex was in, and realized that Sophie wasn't there. He scanned the area frantically for her, but hearing Biana gasp, he ran to her side. Sophie lay crumpled on the ground, more of a ghost than a person. Her once beautiful brown eyes were a pale grey, as he heard her voice say, I'm sorry I couldn't wait for you to get here, Fitz. I tried. "Call Elwin!!" Fitz yelled, and Biana light leaped to get Elwin, and Keefe light leaped Dex away. When Elwin and Biana came back, he ran to Fitz's side, but as he saw Sophie's transparent body, his face became paler than Fitz had ever seen anybody look. Fitz sat by her side, occasionally spraying the Fade fuel into her face, watching her, hoping against hope that she would come back to him. One last try, he thought. He whispered her name. "Sophie. Sophie can you hear me?" That's when he heard the most beautiful thing he had ever heard. I'm here. He laughed, his first joyful action in more than three weeks. "Everything is going to be okay. You're safe now, just stay with me." I'll try. He brushed a strand of hair back behind her ear. Dex! Her voice was filled with alarm. Fitz felt himself smile. "Dex is fine. Keefe leapt him to Everglen, and Biana ran to get Elwin. We weren't sure if it was safe to move you." His voice hitched, imagining losing her again. Thank you for coming. "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I didn't want to believe you could still be... get my hopes up...I told Keefe and Biana about it, and they convinced me to come. If I'd  come sooner, maybe." You're here now. "I just hope I'm not too late." His voice broke at that, realizing that this could be the last time he talked to her. "Where is she?" Elwin barked. "Fitz, open her mouth." No! her voice begged. "It's okay Sophie."  "Don't fight the medicine. Your body isn't ready to be awake yet. I promise it will be okay." Elwin's calming words seemed to soothe her, but Fitz sent one more transmission. You're going to be okay. Just sleep. Agreeing that she was okay, they moved Sophie to one of Everglen's many guest rooms, the one where she had first stayed in when she came to the Elvin world. Even though she had a rough recovery ahead of her, when everyone was gone, and he was alone with her, he gently kissed her forehead, a silently prayed: Sweet dreams, Sophie. You'll need them. He was beyond happy. The girl that he loved, the girl that was his everything, was alive. That night, Fitz got his first good nights sleep since before she was kidnapped. A few days later, she finally opened her eyes. Fitz, Keefe, and Biana were standing outside when Alden came in to tell them. After some argument, they decided that he would be the one to see her first. He rushed to her side. She blinked back tears and said, "Thank you for rescuing me." His heart swelled. When would he ever not rescue her? Just then, Biana raced in, soon followed by Keefe. After a tearful reunion, (95% Biana) Alden said, "Things are changing. But we'll talk about that later. Right now you're need some rest." Fitz handed her Ella, saying, "Not without this," and she happily embraced it. He then decided to slip into her mind and tell her his discovery. After Dex barged in, he promised her that they would be back, and pulled Keefe and Biana out.

So... Yeah. That was really bad. The next one has some jealousy between Fitz and Keefe.
Like a year later....
UGH THIS IS SO CRINGY WHY PAST SELF WHY DID YOU THINK THIS IS NOT CRINGY?