The start of GA

Artemis contemplated how she got stuck in a school full of snobs as she navigated the halls of Gotham Academy. When she had gotten the letter at first she had refused to go outright, but with a little convincing from her moms' side she finally caved. The school was nothing like the crummy halls of Gotham north that had outdated computers and walls that had the paint peeling, no this school was pristine and had the newest technology, not that any of the privileged students needed it as they brought laptops and other electronics from home. This school also had fewer fights, sure there was still the occasional bully, but there was never any broken bones like the ones in GNH. She sighed as she reached her locker and twisted the lock. "But Babs" someone whined about two lockers down from hers, she looked over to see a red-headed girl talking to the black-headed annoyance as she lovingly dubbed him after he took that picture of her on the first day of school. "No dick, you know my dad should flip if I missed a practice" the redhead replied not looking from her locker as she grabbed her things. " no I meant after, I have mathletes today too and they end at the same time" he argued "ok ok can Alfie pick us up them" said the redhead giving in. "Yep," said the blacked haired boy popping the 'p' " don't forget to text your dad" he finished as the bell rang ripping the blonde archer out of eavesdropping mode. She closed her locker and headed to her first class.

The day wasn't going fast enough for the archer as she walked to p.e, her last class before lunch. She had zoned out in math after hearing the black haired boy from earlier, which she now knew as Richard, correct the teacher for the fifth time that period, but nevertheless, she was happy to be in her p.e clothes as she got ready for her gym elective 'gymnastics'. All of the students were doing their own stretches for various activities,  Artemis walked over to the vaulting equipment which was her favorite as she got to work on her arm strength, which in turn helped her archery. As she stretched she looked around and noticed the redhead and Richard talking again at the uneven bars, it seemed like those two were never apart, in the few classes she had with them she had noticed that they sat together in all of them. When she had done all of the necessary stretches she stopped looking at her classmates and began the routine she was working on. The teacher blew her whistle signaling the students to get changed and go to lunch. Having perfected some of the moves she had trouble on Artemis felt relatively accomplished as she walked out of the locker room after she changed. She sat down at an empty table as she was the new girl and still after being there for about a week hasn't made any friends. Someone stood in front of her and she looked up to see who it was. "Hi I'm Barbara and this is Dick" the redhead from before introduced herself and Richard " do you mind if we sit here?" Barbara asked gesturing to the empty bench across from her " um... yeah sure" Artemis answered hesitantly as not many students where that kind to the scholarship kid, the two sat down and took out their lunches "Oh um I'm Artemis by the way" she said as the two looked at her "nice to meet you Artemis, like I said I'm Barbra but my friends call me barb, and this is Richard," the boy slightly cringed at the name. "But everyone calls him Dick" Barbara continued either not noticing or not caring about Dicks reaction to his full name. " so Artemis how are you liking the new school?" Dick asked her talking for the first time since they came over. " it's very... nice compared to my old school" Artemis had paused to think of the right word to describe the experience. After chatting and getting to know each other Artemis concluded that not all the students at Gotham academy were snobs.