Meeting the team

"Ding dong" the sound of the door bell startled dick slightly, not expecting the team to be there so soon. Dick decided he would finish the paragraph he was reading then head down stairs "hello, you must be the team master Bruce informed me about, please do come in my name is Alfred. Master Bruce and master dick should be down soon enough" dick hears alfie say to who he presumed was the team. He quickly shut his book and placed it on the nightstand next to his bed and walked out of his room and over to the top of the stairs that looked over the entrance hall where his team where standing, looking uncomfortable just standing there as alfie had gone to go and get Bruce from his 'second office', dick decided to liven up the team and 'get to know them' so he walked down the carpeted stairs quietly as he could tell the team were having a psychic conversation via Megan, he ducked into the shadows carful not to be seen and moved toward them, then walking silently in front of them. " hi you must be the team tati(sorry I just love it when dick calls Bruce dad) was talking about" he said smiling an innocent smile, the team jumped back as he had startled them "sorry I didn't mean to scare you" dick put on the perfect worried face he could even though he completely and totally meant to scare them. "No, no we just weren't paying proper attention, I'm sorry" Kaldur apologized, kind as ever "oh well I'm dick nice to meet you" dick said in his 'I'm a polite little rich kid voice' or as he sometimes called it 'the Richard voice' " nice to meet you as well dick," Kaldur started but was interrupted by Bruce as he entered the hall "ah dick I see you've met the team, have you all introduced yourselves?" Bruce asked as he stood next to dick and laid a hand on the boys shoulder "we where just getting to that Mr. Wayne" m'gann stated politely "oh sorry for interrupting, and please call me Bruce" Bruce said kindly "oh um, of course, thank you, well my name is M'gann or Megan, the boy in the yellow is Wally, the boy in the black is Connor and the boy in the red is Kaldur, Artemis will be joining us at school" M'gann introduced everyone pointing to each person. "Artemis?" Dick asked tilting his head as if He where confused "yeah, she goes to Gotham academy and is part of the team" m'gann clarified for him "oh um right, well it's getting late, dick could you show them to there rooms?" Bruce asked turning to dick "sure thing, follow me" dick said beckoning the group to follow him up the stairs. After the group was settled in their rooms and were aware of where everything was, dick walked down to the batcave being sure to lock the room the clock was in. "So are we patrolling tonight" dick asked as he walked up to Bruce, now batman who was sitting at the bat computer "yes, but not as late a usual so that the team doesn't get suspicious" batman said as he got up from his seat, dick quickly changing into his robin costume. "Alright then, lets go" dick now robin smiled up at batman who smiled back as they left to go sweep the streets of Gotham. 'So what do you guys think of Bruce and dick?' Wally asked through the mind link as he sat on the plush bed that was pushed into the corner of the room, across the room was a simple desk and chair, a nightstand was next to his bed, and a dresser was next to the desk, all of the rooms the team are staying in were like this, which was really all they needed for such a small stay. 'I like them, they're nice' M'gann thought. 'How did that dick kid sneak up on us though?' Conner thought with his ever angry tone. 'Well we were rather distracted' kaldur informed them, thinking back to how they were using the link to argue about something trivial. 'I know but I couldn't even hear him, like at all' Conner added suspicion dripped from every word 'I don't know maybe-' m'gann was interrupted by Conner 'wait I hear something outside my door, I think it's limping'. It was indeed limping, Dick had gotten hurt during patrol, not enough for a scream but enough for batman to send him home early. So dick limped through the hall to his room, happy he remembered to change out of his robin costume in the cave. The door labeled 'kid flash' opened to reveal a worried looking KF. "Oh my cheese sticks! Are you ok" KF not quite yelled to dick as he saw the boy limping through the hall. "What?... oh um yeah I just tripped after getting some water" dick replied hastily, happy batman taught him to quickly come up with excuses on the spot. "Oh, well do you need any help?" KF asked, now staring at his injured leg. "No, I'm good but thanks for worrying" dick replied as he walked without the limp to the rest of his room. Closing the door dick practically hopped to his bed and collapsed, happy his room was slightly sound proof so that only Bruce and maybe Conner could hear him when he had a night terror or decided to run around his room without arising suspicion. Right now he was happy it was sound proof because red hood decided it was time for a visit and just crashed right through the window. "Jay you can't just crash through the window we have people over!" Dick said moving to stand up "well what else would I do, you can't have someone see a murderer at your front door" jay retorted as dick hugged him "ah so you admit it" dick said as they pulled apart "shut up birdie". Conner almost fell off his bed when he heard a small crash coming from dicks room. ' guys I thing dicks being attacked' Conner told the team, they all met up in the hall and started walking towards the door, but the two boys in the room were trained by the batman and heard their quiet descent up the hall. "Well that's my que, bye baby bro!" Jay said giving dick one last hug before jumping back out the window, dick quickly pressed a hidden button that was next to the window and a new pain of glass slid into view, it was installed in not even a week that he had lived there because his brothers kept crashing through to check on their brother when on patrol. "Knock knock" dick looked to the door as he cleaned up the glass that was on the floor and then went to the door and opened it wide enough to see that the window was fine "um yeah?" Dick rubbed his eye pretending that they had woken him up. "Oh sorry we thought we heard something break and wanted to check up on you" m'gann said quickly "oh well I don't think anything broke, but thank you anyway" dick replied rubbing his eye one more time for good measure "oh sorry to bother you" kaldur said moving to walk away " no problem, good night" dick said closing the door as a slue of "nights" where replied. 'This is going to be a long day' dick thought as he slipped into bed and fell asleep.