A Begining

Arnav was 3 year old. He was visiting the dargha in Lukhnow with his parents.
   His mother saw a woman and a man walking from opposite direction. They had a baby warped in a pink cloth. His mother shouted"Anchal,anchal!"
And the lady looked at them. A big smile broke on her face. The couple walked to them and both ladies hugged each other.
Ratna introduced Anchal to her husband and Anchal did the same.
But Arnav was busy looking at the cute little baby in Suraj's arm. He slowly went near Suraj and said"uncle baby dekna he"( uncle i want to see the baby) in hus childish language. Ratna and Anchal who were lost in their world looked at him. Anchal smiled at Arnav and picked him in her arms. Arnav touched the baby with his little hand and like recognizing his touch,the baby opened her hazal eyes and looked at his molten honey eyes. They she smiled and her cheeck turned pink.
Avinash and Ratna were looking at the scene with open mouth. Their shy baby was actually in someone else's arm and was smiling at a baby girl.
  Anchal turned to Avinash and gave him Arnav as the baby was again sleeping. But Arnav wanted to go near the baby girl. So Avinash walked to Suraj and both men smiled at each other.
Ratna looked at Anchal and asked"Anchal,what did you name the baby?"
Anchal smiled and said"Khushi,her name is Khushi Suraj Gupta"
Arnav was listening to them. He said"Meli Khushi"(my Khushi) smiling broadly.
Ratna smiled and said"haan,humare Arnav ki Khushi"(yes,our Arnav's Khushi ).
Anchal and Suraj nodded in agreement.
After some more talks and exchange of contacts both couple with their children left to their home.
   The friendship between Raizadas and Guptas was very good. Both family were actually close neighbours. Avinash and Suraj also became best of friends. And Arnav and khushi were growing up together. They were literally inseparable.
Anjali was living with Devyani,who was preparing her to be as vile as herself. She was poisoning innocent mind of Anjali against the royal couple and arnav.

Time was passing by and the children were growing up. Anjali would sometime visit Sheesh Mahal and leave. Something about her always made Ratna feel uneasy. Anjali would behave extra sweetly with them. But her eyes had hatred. She was a snake. And Ratna knew it. Khushi would always avoid Anjali.
  Arnav never knew about Anjali being adopted. He never met Devyani and her family until the unfortunate night of his parents death.