Finally

Take pride in your work because it is reflection of yourself, and you don’t want to give yourself a bad image. If your work looks careless, then it gives the impression that you are a careless person whether you want to give that impression or not.

What i’ve written here is by no means exhaustive. It is partially what I learned in school, part of what i've learned at university, what I’ve googled and part what I’ve learned through experience. A lot of it probably seems like I'm rambling on about my personal experience, but really, that is all I have to go on when it comes to writing. I am not a professional. I do not have a degree that involves a lot of writing.

Remember to read good quality literature as much as you can. What you read influences what you write. Read as widely as you can. Don't stick to poorly written fan fiction, or what is popular in the world. Yes, I've read 'The Fault in Our Stars' by John Green, and the 'Harry Potter' series; but I've also read Jane Austin, Roald Dahl, Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare. I'm not just interested in the one genre, and so I've learned to pull various writing techniques from the different types of literature. Read poetry. Read song lyrics. Read plays. Analyse advertisements, speeches and interview transcripts. Journal entries and biographies are also fabulous, either fictional or factual. There is a world to reading that is beyond standard prose.

Learn about other people's lives. I am in the very fortunate position of being a mental health/psychiatric nurse, so I get to meet a wide cross-section of people everyday. I learn about their lives, and trust me when I say that there are a lot of different lives out there that you can live. People's lives area funnier than your own; they are crazier and weirder than what you can imagine. Not to mention more sad than what you could ever want to believe. Out of my own curiosity, I ask other people about their cultures, their beliefs, their biases and prejudices; and I use this knowledge to inform my opinions of characters, as well as the opinions that the characters have themselves.

If you are looking to broaden your view of the world/life etc, there is a fabulous speech by an Australian comedian by the name of Tim Minchin. He talks about identifying your prejudices, and examining your beliefs. Don't be afraid to change your point of view, and as I mentioned above, take pride in what you are doing in your life - this includes what you write. If you are on the Movellas website then I have added a link to this video. I urge you to watch it. There are some truths in there which can not be ignored.

That being said...

Sometimes, your work just does not get noticed, and that is something that you have to accept. At the moment in time when I am writing this, this book has exactly 17 views on Wattpad and no comments. Hmmm, it's not looking too good, but having slightly more popularity on Movellas is definitely more uplifting.

You could do everything right, and no one will read it. That is just the way it is. All you can do is pick yourself up and get started on your next idea.

Above all, just enjoy writing and never forget what an immense privilege it is to be able to do it.

AT THE MOMENT, THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OF YOUR OWN, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ADD THEM IN THE FORM OF A COMMENT :)