Chapter Four :: Mission

Chapter Four

Naruto, Sakura, and Sai walked down the Hidden Leaf Village's main road, that lead up to the Hokage's office. Sakura walked further then the two boys. "So I hear you received the position of a Jounin?" Sai questioned. Naruto wrapped his hands above his head; his shoulder popping out infront of him. "Yeah," responded Naruto. He could hear the people whispering in the distance. "Did you hear, Naruto received the Jounin rank, what a honor!" Naruto couldn't help but smile.

"Well isn't it the new Jounin Naruto!" Iruka said. Before Naruto had the time to reply, Iruka interrupted once again. "Well Naruto, I think we should go get a bowl of Ramen and talk!" Naruto was about to say yes, but he changed his mind. "Sorry Iruka Sensai, I have a mission to get to." ‘Hmm, what can I do to make him come.’ Iruka thought. "I'll pay?" Naruto stopped, and turned his head around. "All the ramen you can eat, payed just by me." Naruto hesitated.

"Can Sakura and Sai come, Sai still needs to taste the delicious ramen." Sai let out a small sigh. "I think we should eat, right before we go." Sakura and Naruto Agreed. They walked across the street to Ichiraku's Ramen. Bowl after bowl after bowl after bowl, Naruto ate. Sai took a small taste. "THIS IS THE MOST DELICIOUS CREATION. IT FLUTTERS ON MY TONGUE WITH THE ZING, AND BEST OF ALL, THE RAMEN IS BOILED TO A PERFECT TEMPERATURE. IT'S TENDERNESS IS PERFECT. THE SAUCE, OH THE SAUCE MAKES M-!" Naruto stopped eating, and gave Sai the look.

Sakura gave out a small laugh. " A simple ‘mmm this is good,’ would have been cool to, but ya know.”After an hour they were full. Iruka gasped at the paycheck, but payed every single penny as promised. "Thanks Iruka Sensai, that really fills the spot!" Naruto turned around and began to run to the Hokage's Office. They dashed up the stairs, and saw Lady Tsunade holding a pair of Jounin Clothing. "Naruto, after, you will change into this." The outfit looked like an exact replica of Kakashi. Before Naruto could speak he was interrupted by Sakura. "Lady Tsunade you needed us?"

"Yes," Lady Tsunade replied. "I have a mission for you." Naruto squinted his eyes. He still didn't have the energy after all the training he's done. "So what's the mission?" Tsunade looked at Naruto and smiled. "It's an A to S ranked mission that you are you going to be leading." Naruto gasped quietly. B-but, I never really lead a mission, Naruto thought. "We've been reported that Sasuke has taken Itachi's eyes." Naruto paused. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. ‘Sasuke...’

"Sasuke's own eyes are hidden in a chest, somewhere in the Land of Iron. Your mission is to go and get them." Naruto plainly stood there. What will she do with the eyes Sasuke used to have. Thoughts kept going in and out of Naruto's mind. Sakura glared at Naruto; she thought the same thing.

"Grandma Tsunade, when do we leave?" Naruto Asked. Tsunade looked at him and shrugged. "Probably when you get your Jounin attire on; now go." Just before Naruto exited the door Tsunade called out for him. "Naruto stay for a moment will you?" As Sakura and Sai left with Naruto's clothing, Naruto turned to Lady Tsunade. "Yeah, whats up?" Tsunade had a uncomfortable look on her face. "Years ago, your father's will was suppose to be open. When you come back your father and Jiraya's will be open. We'll let you know if you’re in the will. Naruto nodded and left.

"What was that about?" Sakura asked. Naruto told her that the will of his sensai and his father would be opened when they got back. "Well," Said Sai trying to switch the conversation, "let's try your new jounin outfit." Sakura stood outside with sai as naruto changed. You could hear he was having trouble. "Why would this mission be S ranked, it's only a pair of eyes we have to go get." Asked Naruto "Like seriously, I don't understand the point of it. Sai turned to Sakura then spoke out to Naruto, whom was almost done changing. "There could be Akatsuki there, so we must be prepared for battle."

Naruto threw the door open and showed his Jounin outfit. Sakura looked at him in shock. "Fine! well you don't look so good either!" Naruto added, a bit ticked off since no one complimented him. Sakura turned white, her eyes bulged at him. "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" She threw her fist at him. It rammed into his face so hard, that he crashed the door, broke the window and fell straight to the ground. "Good shot." Sai added.

A couple hours later, they were at the boarders. Kakashi and Tsunade waved goodbye as they waked away. "Let's go." Naruto said, and in a flash they were gone. The wind blew on Tsunade and Kakashi. "He's really grown up." Tsunade said. Kakashi nodded. He looked to the sun indicating the middle of the day. "They should be there by nightfall, I know they'll be okay." They both turned around and walked away.