Chapter Twelve :: Panic

Chapter Twelve

The medical ninja swirled through the halls, dragging a stretcher "I need him in the O.R. In two minutes!" Shizunne yelled running full speed ahead. "Yes M'lady!" Medical ninja from all over the leaf village spread out in one tiny operation room. Tsunade walked Sakura to the waiting room, there was nothing really to say. Sakura bowed her head to the floor, throwing her hands to her eyes, rubbing her tears away. Sai walked down the halls, looking in every waiting room. Sai turned his head poking his head into the last O.R. waiting room he could find, Sakura was sitting at the edge with Tsunade. Sai sat the opposite direction of Sakura, silently. "Where's Kakashi, Yamato, and Konohomaru?" Sakura whispered.

"No one is aloud in except for the Hokage, medical ninja and the witness." Tsunade threw her over Sakura, pulling her in like a mother could do. Sakura allowed it, and began to cry once more. The door of the operation room swung open making a banging sound as it slammed against the wall behind the door. Shizunne came out with a chart in her hands, her hair all messed up. "Lady Tsunade something's wrong!" Tsunade gently took Sakura and jolted up, walking beside Shizunne reading the chart. "His chakra network is going haywire, we could easily fix it but we could accidentally break the seal, the only resource is using ... that jutsu." Tsunade turned her head to Sakura, giving her a quick wink. Tsunade turned on her heals and barged through the door! "Okay boys, Mama's home!" Before the door completely closed, Sakura got a good look at Naruto's face. It was plain, no expression, almost lifeless.

Sai lifted his head, locking his eyes on hers. He could see her sadness, and he knew that she meant everything she said back in the Village. "C'mon,' said Sai lifting himself up. "let's go get some ramen." Sakura twitched her head to the side. "He's dropping!" You could hear Shizunne said. "Woohwie," Lady Tsunade yelled beyond the door. "This is the best one yet!" Sakura wiped the tears off her face. "Yeah I'd like that." They got up and walked away.

Tsunade looked around the room only to see complete darkness. A green light slithered over Naruto, detaching the skin above his chest. "Who will do it?" One of the medical ninja said, looking around. "Me and Shizunne will do it, I don't think we mind splitting out chakra, I'd rather have me and her loosing chakra for a short period of time, then us dying over loosing it all." Tsunade and Shizunne placed here hands in the "Ram" hand seal. Suddenly a blue light came from their hearts, pouring it into Naruto's body.  Lady Tsunade blew the hair out of her face, her hands shaking. "Look at them go, what a real pro!" A medical ninja said observing the scene. "Well, if you have two lemons and you get selfish, make lemonade of half each, that's what my mom always used to say."

Sai and Sakura began to walk to the entrance where the whole village was crowded around the hospital. They slowly opened the doors and began to walk out. There was only silence, Everyone had their eyes on Sakura and Sai. Naruto... Sakura thought as she threw herself on top of a building nearby. She began to hop to the training field, Sai quietly followed her. Kakashi and Yamato quickly rose in the air, flashing themselves after the two. Kakashi and Yamato instantly arrived at the Training field. Sakura was sitting by the water, her feet dangled in it. "What happened?" Kakashi asked, looking down at her. "I can't explain," she gasped, she took the time to breath, but didn't answer. "Sai, do you know?" Yamato asked. Kakashi turned his attention from Sakura to Sai. "Yes," he said. "Naruto told us that he had to do something, and lady Tsunade gave the heads up to go, but then..."

Sai lost his words, and lowered his head in shame. "And then," Sakura said finishing his sentence..."we went to the Valley of the end, where we saw the first hokage's statue.There was a fountain in his right eye. Naruto told us he needed to put his head in the fountain, and so he did, and that's it." "No, that's not it." Sai said looking over to Yamato. "When he came out of the water, he was screaming in pain, his eyes went into his Sage Mode."

Yamato gave Kakashi the worried look. "How's he doing in there." Kakashi asked. "From what I heard it's not going that well, they had to call in Tsunade." Kakashi laughed a bit. "Then Naruto's in the best hands. Sakura wiped her tears and got up. She began to walk away in the opposite direction. "Now where are you going Sakura?" Sakura ignored him, and walked. Before she walked in the forest, she turned her heels over to Kakashi. "I need to go let off some steam." Walking away into the forest, Yamato raised an eyebrow. "Let off some ste-" "Punching, she needs to punch something." Interrupted Kakashi, turning himself and following Sakura. He bounced tree to tree but couldn't seemed to find her. Kakashi threw himself at the highest point of one of the trees, observing any tree for sudden movement. Suddenly the biggest tree began to shake violently.  Kakashi followed the trees leading up to her, then finally he found her.

Kakashi's face fell as he saw her. Punching a tree over and over and over, until she made a hole. She threw her hands on the tree and gripped it, shouldering it, banging her head on it, throwing herself on it. She backed away before charging. Kakashi stood in front of the tree, allowing her to move forward to him. He quickly threw his hand up catching her hand, skidding backwards a bit. "Let me go!" Sakura said, throwing herself to the ground. "Sakura this isn't your fault." Kakashi said softly, he sat down beside her and let her cry. "Silly mistakes happen all the time, and there doing the best they can, to make sure that he comes back to you..to us." He sat next to her in silence. The birds chirped and the wind blew on them. "Naruto needs you to be calm, he needs you not to think it's all your fault, now are you coming." Sakura lifted her head to Kakashi wiping more tears off. "What for." Kakashi pointed up in the sky a hawk fluttered it's wings over the training field. "The operation is over."

Sakura turned her head to him, lifting herself up, and ran back to the Hospital. "Is Naruto alright?" Rock Lee said approaching them. "The operation is over, so we'll know soon." She pushed her wait through, and waited for Kakashi. "Are you coming." Kakashi shook his head. "I'm not aloud in." Sakura turned on her heels and opened the door, walking in. Tsunade was in the waiting room awaiting for her to return. "What happened." Sakura said running down the hall. She looked over to her and she had a plain face. "Naruto will be just fine." Sakura took a deep breath. "But there is one thing." Sakura turned her head to Shizunne who said something that Sakura didn't want to hear. "His injuries were so sever, so he would be unconscious for a month.... but since he's the Nine tails, we have no idea when he'll wake up."  

"Take me to him." Sakura said. They walked quietly down the halls, Sakura's heart pounding. "He's one heck of a fighter." Tsunade said, Sakura walked arching an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" Tsunade laughed a little, handing over a chart to her. She examined it, wiping her face off. "These are just times of dea-...... Naruto died seventeen times?!" Tsunade laughed and nodded, "That Naruto." They walked in and saw Naruto sleeping like a rock. She sat beside him taking a hold of his hand, and quietly rubbing it. "Thank you lady Tsunade." Tsunade walked out and saw Kakashi standing there. "How's Naruto." Tsunade giggled. "You couldn't stay away from me could you!" Kakashi grinned threw his mask. "Sure, so what happened to Naruto." Tsunade put her head down letting out a sigh. "Naruto's in a coma." Kakashi sat down on the chair in the hallway. "How did Sakura take it?"

"We didn't tell her." Kakashi arched his eyebrow looking shocked. "But, why?" "Sakura is already in enough pain as it is. Naruto is a Jinchūriki, so it will take less time. We told her that he will be unconscious for a while to mentally recuperate. "I see, so she won't know." Beyond the the hallway Sai was hidden behind the wall, listing to everything. Naruto..., Sai thought.