Prologue.

Copyright © 2016 by Word_Addict_5976
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopy, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission request write to the publisher, addressed "Attentions Permissions Coordination" through messaging me on this profile.

"Hurry up, Gina, you're going to be late!" My mom yells from down the steps, pulling me from my mini dance session in my room. I glance over at the time, mentally cursing myself when I see that I am, in fact, almost late for class.

"Coming!" I shout back, rushing around to grab all my essentials and shoving them in my bags. I run down the steps with a giant grin on my face, my backpack slung over my shoulder and my drawstring bag in my hand as I run over to kiss my mom on the cheek.

She smiles as well and kisses my forehead, "Are you sure you've got everything?"

I nod and reach behind me to feel my bag, "Yup! Homework, notebooks, normal books, pencils," I drawl in a small breath and continue, "Shoes, towel, mixtape, change of clothes, and also my water bottle."

She laughs while shaking her head, turning her back to me to grab something from the counter behind her. When she turns back around she holds out my favorite purple headband, "Don't forget this, you know how much you complain about your hair in your face after class."

I gasp softly and take the headband from her, quickly shoving it in my bag before I forget it again. I'm always forgetting things, then complaining about it later. It's a vicious cycle. I glance up at the time then give her a quick hug, running off towards the garage. "Thanks Mom, love you!"

"Love you too, sweetie, drive safe!"

I hop into my car and rev it to life, grinning at the feeling of the engine purring and the feel of the steering wheel under my finger tips. If there's one activity I love more than dancing, it's driving. I switch to reverse and back out of the garage, facing forward long enough to wave goodbye - again - to my mom who is standing by the doors now smiling and waving.

Ten minutes, two stops, and one awful parking job later, I'm in the College parking lot staring at the awfully colored building that I love so much. I sigh and sip on the last of my Starbucks tea, my shoulders slumping forward sadly as realization dawns on me.

I still have to wait seven hours before I can go to dance class.

"C'mon, G, it's almost eight already. Our professor is going to lock us out again if we don't hurry!" My best friend, Sarah, announces rather excitedly, and also slightly laced with fear, as she opens her car door and jumps out. I roll my eyes at her and pull my keys out of the ignition, quickly shoving them in my pocket then grabbing a piece of Watermelon gum from the same pocket. Popping the gum in my mouth, I stretch as I exit my car, slamming the door behind me. Sarah, short with bright red hair and a personality of sunshine, graciously waits for me at the front of the car.

Sarah and I have been friends since kindergarten; Both of us bonding over wanting to stay inside during recess to get more reading time in rather than play outside near the boys. To this day, we have been inseparable, and I couldn't be more happy to have her by my side.

A lone sigh pulls me back out of my thoughts as I reply, "As much as I love learning, I also love dance. And today seems to be the day that dance is more important to me . . . Let alone interesting." I kick a lone pebble across the lot, my heart stopping in terror when it almost dings into the side of another students car.