Chapter Two.

Zach's P.O.V.

I stare down the text book in my lap, my pencil tapping furiously against my leg as I read the equation over and over again. For an advanced algebra class you'd think they'd make these things a little harder. I smirk in victory then jolt down the answer, moving on to the last one in the line.

"Watch out!"

I look up too late, my book getting knocked out of my hands completely by the foot ball kicked my way. I glare daggers towards the guys on the field, standing up from my spot on the bleachers and heading down them to retrieve my textbook that fell down under them.

Once I have my book in hand and am walking back towards my seat, Kyle runs up to me and claps a hand down on my shoulder.

"Sorry about that, little bro." He grins cheekily and slings his arm over my shoulder, pulling me into a sweaty side hug.

My nose curls up in disgust and I push him away while rolling my eyes, "Yeah yeah, just go back to practice, Sweaty." He laughs and starts backing away, waving his hand at me dismissively. I take my seat back at the top of the bench, huffing out a breath when I see a page torn in my book.

"Airhead?"

I glance up, my heart practically leaping out of my throat when I see Gina Robertson, and another girl whose name I'm not sure of, take their seats at the end of the bleachers. She waves the blue colored airhead in her friends face, letting out an adorable giggle when her friend swats her away. 

"Have you heard back from the grocery store yet? Zander put in a good word for you before he left." My heart picks up at the mention of where she might start working. 

"Not yet, I think I'm going to call later though." Gina shrugs, the small motion lifting the hem of her shirt up to expose the bronze skin underneath. 

"I think I see drool," I jump and look to my side, frowning at Fiona as she studies my face. Her shoulders slump in disappointment and she looks off onto the field, "No, just a false alarm."

I roll my eyes in annoyance, completely embarrassed that I got caught staring and glare off into the field, "I thought you were leaving by now."

Fiona sighs and bumps her shoulder with mine, giving me a smirk when I spare her a glance. She grabs my book bag and unzips it, "I was supposed to, but then Bryan dropped on me that it'll be a two hour drive so now I must pee before we leave and that means -" She stops mid-sentence to dig around in my bag, her tongue slightly sticking out past her lips and her eyes scrunched in determination. "Aha!" She pulls her hand out to reveal three tampons, "I need these for the trip."

I raise an eyebrow at her questioningly, "Don't you have any more in your bag?"

She rolls her eyes and tosses my bag back towards me, to which I barely get a grip onto before it can go tumbling down through the bleachers. "No, I do not. I only had three today, which I happened to use all before lunch period."

I snort back a laugh at her and zip up my bag, lightly shaking my head to her dismay, "You and your bladder are ridiculous."

She grins sheepishly then pats my shoulder, "And that's why you, my awesome best friend, are forced to carry around extras for me! One day, you'll probably end up saving another girl's bacon and they'll be eternally grateful for it." I raise an eyebrow skeptically, but then shrug and turn back to my pages. She shoves her stuff into her bag then stands up, running off the bleachers and into the parking lot without even a goodbye.

Typical Fiona.

"I'm still amazed by the coincidence of us all going to the same college." I tilt my head up slightly to listen into the conversation, "I mean, what's the odds of that?" Her friend reaches over and plucks the blue airhead from her hand.