Chapter 1

It had been another simple day for her highness Queen Armana of Valencia. She had been complaining about everything, as she usually did. To make matters worse, she was in an even fouler mood than she normally was and her oldest cook, Miwana was unfortunately on the receiving end of this mood.

"YOU WORTHLESS, INCOMPETENT OLD WITCH! CAN YOU EVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT?" she yelled furiously at the frail old lady. "NONE OF THIS FOOD IS ACCEPTABLE FOR MY TASTES, GET OUT OF MY SIGHT", screamed the queen flinging the whole plate of food in the old lady's face, causing her to fall back and land hard on the floor. Two other servants began to help the old lady out of the room, while the queen proceeded to her throne room. Miwana cast one last hate-filled glance at the queen, before she allowed the young servants to lead her away.

The queen had just sat on her throne, ready to begin ranting again when one of her guards strode in. "A royal messenger from a neighbouring kingdom is here. He says it is urgent", stated the guard. The queen's eyes lit up. She loved hearing from other royals like herself from other kingdoms.

"Send him in immediately!" she replied beckoning the soldier to retrieve the messenger. The young messenger walked in, obviously nervous from being in a different royal's presence. It didn't help that the guard had told him to be cautious with his words concerning the queen. Once in the throne room, he bowed, greeting the queen in the most respectful way he could. The queen then told him to get on with the reading of the message. She was very excited.

"Dearest Queen Armana of Valencia, the time has come once again for all the royals in our district to meet once again for the three-month peace building conferences. This year it is my kingdom's turn to pick where the meetings are held and I have decided that we shall be using the hall in your castle as it is one of the biggest and your castle is one of the easiest to reach. I have told you this a week in advance so that you can fully prepare yourself, your hall and your servants for the coming period. I have notified all the other royals attending of my choice. Thank you for your time and if this arrangement is not to your liking, do not hesitate to tell me so I may find somewhere else for the meetings. His Royal Highness, King Jerome of Calrodia".

The queen's eyes glittered with even greater excitement. Her castle had been chosen for such an important cause and it was her time to shine. She dismissed the messenger, telling him to tell his king that the arrangement was perfect and there would be no need for change. He bowed once again and took his leave. She immediately called a meeting of all the servants in the household and told them of the news. "Listen up people! We have been chosen to host this year's peace conferences and everything must be PERFECT! I want all hands on cleaning up and decorating the great hall for the occasion and no mistakes will be tolerated! If anything goes wrong, whosoever is responsible will be punished the next morning. NOW GO AND BEGIN PREPARING THIS INSTANT! With that the servants all rushed off to begin working on the queen's ridiculously high demands.

The human children had been there at the meeting, listening intently to the queen's instruction. Strangely enough, they were just as excited to see the other royal giants as the queen was. "This will be splendid! It will be nice to see some other royal faces besides that of the queen, don't you think?" asked Ella as they ran to help the other servants. "I couldn't agree more, Ella, plus when they see how handy we are, they may also want to have humans working for them in their homes" added William as they began their journey to the kitchen.

Meanwhile, miles away in another kingdom of the same district, another giant Royal sat in his throne room pondering on which orphanage he should visit this week. He was King Baritorin of the kingdom of Balboway. "There are so many, I wonder how I will arrive at a decision". The king was thinking further on the matter when he was also notified of a messenger from the kingdom of Calrodia. He listened to the messenger as he told the king what the other messenger had told Queen Armana. He was delighted at first but then he put two and two together and realised what this would mean for him.