James March- jealous

Credit to:  evanpetersahsimagines

I still remember the day I died like it was yesterday. I don't remember dying, I don't remember the pain of the broken bones I suffered from my fall down the hotel stairs. I don't even remember the period in which I went from being human to a ghost. But regardless of how I got here I along with many others now call the Hotel Cortez a permanent residence.

This hotel has been my home for close to one hundred years now since my fall in 1928 and I have loved every second of it. I used to work alongside the owners main maid but after my fall I decided to enjoy my time in the hotel and he let me step down from my job even though Hazel, his main worker, still serves him to this day despite the fact that they died around the same time I did.

James was a kind man often described as manipulative and malevolent by others but he never did wrong by me so I trusted him implicitly. After all he is my former employer and we do have to spend eternity together whether we like it or not so it's for the best that we get along and don't hold our dark tendencies against each other. To be honest I almost loved watching James kill. It gave me a different kind of thrill to see him take the life of another man.

"Hello Y/N, how are you on this fine day?" James asked waltzing up behind you as you were talking to Liz at the bar.

"Well I'm very good James." I smirk turning to face him, "and yourself?"

"Better now that I've found you my dear." He smiles and turns to Liz to order a drink. James and I have always been rather close and most people in the hotel assumed that it would lead to something more which it had on many occasions but his ex-wife Elizabeth was always an issue that pushed us apart. She didn't directly forbid our relationship progressing but James had an obsession with her still and I couldn't get past the fact that no matter how long he didn't have her in his arms he was still fixated on her.

"So my dear what would you say about having dinner with me in my room on Thursday?" James asked suddenly snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Of course." I blush, "I would love to."

James smirks before walking off and I'm left once again with Liz.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" she says, "He's still obsessed with the countess I just don't want him to hurt you again."

"Don't worry about it Liz it's just dinner, his infatuation with Elizabeth can't possibly interfere with that could it." I reply but I don't even completely believe the statement myself.

-

Thursday came quicker than I anticipated and I eagerly got ready for the dinner James had invited me to. I put on the most elegant blue dress I own along with my favourite pair of black heals and diamond earrings. I left my room and walked down the hall until I got to James' room which was only a few doors down from mine. I knocked on the door and waited for over a minute until it was yanked open and Ms Evers appeared on the other side.

"Hazel, may I come in?" I say stepping towards her but she moves to block my path.

"I'm afraid Mr. March is rather busy Y/N." she says in a voice I recognize from when she's trying to hide something from me.

"James is expecting me for dinner Hazel may I please come in?" I say more insistently and she's about to object when James' voice rings throughout the room.

"Whoever it is Hazel tell them to go away, come back and serve Elizabeth and I this instant." He bellows and I look at Hazel in shock before shoving her out of the way and running into the room to see James and the countess sitting at the dinner table originally set up for James and I.