Jimmy Darling- Sleeping

Credit to: bubble-tea-bunny

When Jimmy walks into the diner, he's not entirely surprised to see that you're already there. You're sitting on one of the stools at the bar with your back to him. He doesn't doubt that you're tucking into a strawberry milkshake right now—it's your favorite. There's a man sitting to your left with whom you appear to be in conversation with. No one sits on your right, and Jimmy is about to take the seat there, but when he overhears your subject of conversation with the stranger, he reroutes himself to one of the stools on the left side of the bar so that he can give the two of you distance but also keep a close eye on you.

"A freak show?" the man asks. He has dark hair and bright blue eyes.

You nod. "Just outside of town. It's a lot of fun. I think you'd enjoy it." You see Jimmy in your peripherals and glance up at him, giving him a small smile. He smiles slightly and gives you a subtle wave before a waitress pulls his attention away.

"What can I get you, Jimmy?" she asks, smiling a pretty, well-practiced smile. Her use of his name without even asking for it is evidence of how often he is here.

"Just the usual, sweet cheeks," he replies easily, smiling a charming, similarly well-practiced smile. The fact he has a usual order also supports the fact he is here all the time. She nods and turns back toward the kitchen to tell the chef his order. Once she's out of sight Jimmy turns his attention back to you as he hears you laugh.

Since you'd joined the freak show, Elsa had made you a sort of promoter for her Cabinet of Curiosities.

"A... what?" you question, head tilting in confusion.

"A promoter," Elsa repeats, gracing you with a tight-lipped smile that gives away the fact she's growing rather irritated at your failure to catch on but that she's doing her best to be patient with you. "Your job is to get people to attend the freak show."

You nod slowly, processing the information. "But why me?"

"Your face, mein Liebling," Elsa explains shortly, but then quickly continues. "It is fair as the moon at full. I'm sure you would have an easy time convincing people to come and view the wonders of the show."

You're taken aback at Elsa's compliment that she says so offhandedly. But it's quickly forgotten as you think about the rest of what she said. You're awfully shy, considering you haven't had the greatest of childhoods. You've only recently started opening up to the other members of the freak show and now Elsa wants you to speak to complete strangers?

"Um... I don't know if I can do that," you state glumly with a shake of your head.

Elsa raises a brow. "And why not?" She doesn't ask this harshly. She asks it genuinely.

"I-I can't talk to strangers. I'm not... I'm not good at it."

Elsa's smile looks like one of pity. You know it well. "Of course you can, sweet [Name]. It'll take practice, but you can do it. And soon they'll come to you, not the other way around."

You look up at her, and if you really search, you can see in her brown eyes that she really does believe you can do what she asks of you.

"Think of how much you'll be helping the freak show thrive," she continues, extending her arm out and sweeping it across. She stares off for a moment, to imagine the seats in the main tent full of cheering onlookers, and then glances down at you to see if you've had the same vision. You blink once, twice, then avert your eyes for a second—you're trying.

"Okay..." You nod slowly. "I'll do it."

Elsa's smile widens. "That's good to here, mein Liebling."