S1E2 - Washed Up

The felines who ventured out with Ivyflame to gather herbs for the sick ones in their clan a few moons ago had returned not too long after their journey. Unfortunately, their medicine cat had gone missing while they were on the mission... Whether she had run away or taken as they rested, they knew not. Since her disappearance, Blazeheart and the others had been working hard to care for the sickly cats. After doing what they could to bring the ill ones back to full health with what little knowledge they had, NebulaClan's Deputy lead patrols to search for Ivyflame. Yet they did not have any luck in doing so, and could not afford to search endlessly. So the patrols ended, and they continued to do regular border checks still hopeful she would return.

***

Ravenstar's eyes would survey Blazeheart's fine features as she approached, swaying the end of his tail calmly. His crystal blue eyes would then look back into hers as she sat before him. "Things have been surprisingly tranquil ever since we laid down our borders. Other than the intrusion of allies, we have been prospering. As you know, our numbers are still small, but we grow in power daily." Ravenstar's facial expression would then turn from a calm, warming look to that of something more stale. "There is something we must talk about, but I prefer we hunt to fill our bellies first. When we speak, my words will bring you no ease." Ravenstar would then raise his right arm to his muzzle and begin cleaning it with his tongue as he awaited Blazeheart's reply.

Blazeheart would cautiously tilt her head to the side, curious as to what he would have to say after their hunt. Frowning slightly, Blazeheart would nod intently as he spoke, taking in his words. "Understood," she would mew, letting out a small sneeze as she replied, "let us hunt then."

Ravenstar would nod back, rising to his feet. The muscles in his limbs were stronger now ever since he inherited his fate in NebulaClan. He moved forward, summoning Blazeheart with a flick of his tail. "I'll begin as we march outside the camp." Ravenstar began. "I became a Leader, chosen by StarClan to inherit the legacy of MistClan. This much is common knowledge between I and the Clan's most trusted, but it's time I tell you why." Ravenstar would take a long sniff of the cool evening air, trying to detect the scent of any prey. He would suddenly hunker down into a crouch and the scent of one and wrinkle his nose, then grin, distracted from the current topic. "Rabbit, in the bush," he whispered to his Deputy. "The honor is all yours".

Blazeheart would glance at her superior, crouching down near him in the tall, uneven, overgrown grass. Wiggling her bottom in the air, she would push off the soft dirt and pounce on the small, unsuspecting critter.

Witnessing the swiftness of Blazeheart's attack, he was impressed with her cunning agility. She's a good fighter, he would think to himself. "That will be enough to sustain the both of us, let us return to my den."

Blazeheart would nod Ravenstar's way, carrying the rabbit's corpse to the kill pile in her maw. She would drop it in front of him, offering up thanks to StarClan before turning to her leader.

He would look up to the dimming sky. The sun was now well below the horizon, with the brightest of stars beginning to twinkle. He too would nod in thanks to StarClan without taking a bite. "You may have your share while I speak." The leader said softly, before continuing to his point. "When I received my nine lives, I was chosen as I mentioned earlier. Our ancestors in the sky would not do this without reason." Ravenstar would turn his head towards the starry sky behind him. "There are countless stars in the heavens. But in my dream, there is only one star. It is taboo for a Leader to share his visions with any but the Medicine Cat, but what I tell you now must be heard by your own ears." His Deputy would intently listen, allowing him to continue as she quietly took a small bite from the kill. Continuing, his voice changed from his usual warmness to one of a serious staleness. "The truth, Blazeheart, is that we, NebulaClan, are the last of StarClan's dominion. The light of countless suns has been slowly consumed by the Dark Forest for countless generations, and this grim war has reached the peak. We are all that's left." Ravenstar would look at a yellow flower at the edge of camp, a brief distraction from the reality of the situation. "In NebulaClan, we are all champions of StarClan. Our true fate is to resurrect the glory of our ancestors in the sky, to turn the tide of corruption." Ravenstar then looks at Blazeheart's eyes with hope. "I chose you as my commander not because you are a skilled warrior, no. You have the determination to lead our people. The endless war between StarClan and Dark Forest will be brought to our realm. One day, it is not I who our people will look up to, but you. My destiny, if I ever fall, will be passed down to you. And it is time we begin preparations. We have our first clue. My most recent of visions was that of a faded moon. I know not of what it means, I do not have the support of Ivyflame since she has been missing. We will figure out the meaning of this message, and when we receive it, we begin our path."