[2.1]

ALMA'S POV-
I was shaking in my seat, squeezing on Niall's hand. He didn't seem to mind, if he did I'm not sure what I would do.

"It's okay, don't be so nervous" he reassured me

"I'm still so scared, I mean no one in my household believed me. What if they come here and say that I still don't know what I'm saying? What if they believe my cousin when he says he didn't do it? What if they don't believe me?" I teared up "no one ever believes me"

"Hey, I believe you and I won't stop helping you till everyone believes you" Niall brought my into his arms. I felt safe in them, he made me feel safe.

"Alright Alma" someone spoke and I turned my head to where the voice was "you can come back now"

I stood up, my hand still linked with Niall's, and I didn't plan on letting go anytime soon. We followed the lady into an office, she told us to sit down and that she'd be with as shortly.

"Just tell them everything and they can help you" Niall gave my hand a squeeze. Just then the girl came back into the room

"Hello Alma, I'm Olivia" she greeted as she sat behind the desk "you said you want to report a crime"

"Uh, y-yes" I nodded "I... I've been molested and raped"

"Okay Alma, can you tell me everything" she looked up at me "and then we can go from there"

"My cousin, when I turned seven, he came... came into my room one day. H-he said he wanted to play a game and I said yes, but I had to take my clothes off. He touched me, he said that the next time it would be his turn and I would have to touch him" I started

"How old was your cousin at the time" she asked

"He was twelve" I stated and she nodded her head for me to continue "he would come into my room whenever he was over and made me play this game with him. I tried to tell my parents but they just brushed me aside, said I was young and that I didn't know what I was talking about. He didn't stop, every time I saw him he made me do things I didn't want to do. I tried to talk to my brother, but he didn't listen either. Him and my cousin are close. I guess he just didn't want to believe it"

"You said you were raped too?" she questioned "When did this happen"

"A couple of weeks ago, he came into my room. My parents were gone and I think my brother was sleeping or too busy playing his game. It started off like how it always did, but then he said we were going to try something different. I told him no, I tried to push him off me, I tried to fight him. He held me down and shoved something in my mouth so I wouldn't scream. He raped me. A couple of days ago he did it again" I finished telling her. I was still squeezing Niall's hand, hard, I'm surprised he didn't show any signs of pain. Every once and a while he would squeeze back to reassure me.

"Alma, we're going to have to get a rape kit. You're also going to have to tell us all the information you know about your cousin" she explained and then she went silent "why did you wait so long to come forward"

"I-I was scared. No one believes me at home, who would believe me here. He threatened me plenty of times that something bad would happen if I told, so I never did" I answered her

"We're going to do everything we can to help. I promise, we'll get your cousin behind bars. We'll help keep you safe" she was very serious "You guys stay here and I'll be back with everything figured out"

She walked out of the room shutting the door behind her. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and looked at Niall.

"You did great" he smiled at me and I started to cry

"Thank you for giving me the courage to do this. If it weren't for you I would probably still be at my house with my cousin" I sobbed and he hugged me

"I won't ever let that happen again I promise" he rubbed my back "I'll protect you"

"I can't thank you enough" I wiped my face

"Alma, I- I know this probably isn't the best time but" he started and I looked up at him. He moved his hands to my face "I like you. A lot. I have for a while, after the girl confessed to me that she didn't like me back, I realized I liked you. I'm happy you let me help you, I'll always help you. I'll keep you safe"

"Thank you so much for being there for me when no one else believed me. Thank you for listening to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you" I muttered. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. We hugged each other tight and I didn't ever want to let go. "I like you too"