Chapter 1

Hi, I can't really think of a better start to this than hi. So hi. I'm Andrew, I'm 17 years old and this is my story, I'm a B student and don't get in much trouble. No, no, no, that sounds dumb. I'm writing this because of my mother. You see, she was kidnapped 11 years ago and nothing has been the same at all since. My father hasn't talked about it since and I usually don't either. My father has been so distant and quiet since then, it's kind of annoying actually. That day was so surreal in a way. She left to the store, on a sunny, blue skied Tuesday, like usual, and I stayed home to go to the park with my father. We went and we played on the swings and played tag, and had a great time. After about an hour we went back home and went about our business.

About another hour went on and I said. "Where's mom?"

My father said, "She's at the store, she will be home soon."

"Ok", I said not worrying at all.

Now it's 5 o'clock and she isn't home yet. I'm starting to get worried. She is never late. Ever.

"Mom was supposed to be home an hour ago.", I say to my father.

My father looked at me with teary eyes and said,"She's gone."

"What?" I say, looking down at my feet, in utter disbelief.

"She was kidnapped!", he says in a shout of rage.

I jump a little, because he never yells.

"She's gone.", he says, this time quieter.

I leave his office and go to my room and cry for a long, long time.

I know it may seem like I left a lot of the story, but that's because I did. I just can't write it out now because it's still a lot for me even now.

My father didn't tell me a whole lot about what happpened, but I did figure out what happened to her that day.