heartbeat (part 2)

Suggested songs:
Up In Flames - Coldplay
---------------------------------------------

A strong, sterile smell filled my nostrils and there was a repetitive, rhythmic beeping sound playing over and over in my ears. My eyes slowly began opening, but the room I was in was so blindingly white that I quickly squinted my eyes shut again.
"She's awake. Go get the doctor." I hear whispers and shuffling from beside me.

Once my eyes had eventually adjusted to the surroundings I looked around, trying to find my bearings. On my left there was a chrome table with medicines and antiseptics and bandages on it and a tall machine on wheels. There was a bag filled with clear fluid held up by wheels also and a long, thin tube attached to the bag was connected to me. Above that there was a second bag, only this one was filled with a deep red fluid - blood.
On my right hand side there was a white, plastic table and on top there was a vase filled with beautiful white flowers and a couple of 'get well soon' cards. Then there was 2 chairs next to one another, one of them was empty and in the other sat a woman. Her hair was twisted in a messy ponytail and her skin was pale. She had dark circles under her eyes and looked as though she had only gotten 1 or two hours of sleep in the past 2 days.

"Mom?" I say, my throat dry and making my voice sound hoarse and raspy.
"Hey honey. Oh, I'm so happy you're okay." She smiles, her eyes filling with tears. She reaches out and places her hand on top of mine, interlocking our fingers and I manage to find the strength to form a small smile.

I look down at myself laying on the rough, scratchy white sheets. I had a clip on my left pointer finger and two tubes coming from my arm. My right leg was in a plaster cast and was elevated by some sort of hammock hanging from a bar above my bed. My legs and arms were covered in bruises and bandages and band-aids and gauze.

I shuffled slightly to sit up and winced as a sudden, sharp, severe pain shot from my right hip to all over my body.
"Be careful sweetie, you're still healing. Try not to make any sudden movements." My mom says, easing me back into my previous position, "Those girls. How could anyone do such a thing?"
I lifted up the hospital gown to look at my hip and I saw a large patch of gauze which was pretty much soaked with blood.
It was then that I began really making sense of things.
"Try and get some more rest honey, you're probably still in shock." She says quietly, giving me a sympathetic look.
Then, I looked up to the doorway and saw a doctor in a white coat walk in. He began talking to my mom and gesturing towards me every now and then.
"And how are you feeling Y/N?"
I look at him but find myself at a loss for words and I open my mouth but can't seem to speak.
"Uh... I-I feel... hurt." I say quietly, my throat still sore.
"You will be. After all you went through, you're lucky you're not in a coma, or worse." He says frowning and carries on talking to my mother for a while and then leaves.

*time skip*

My mom and I don't really hold that much of a conversation considering my current state, just a few words every minute or so just to fill the silence.
After a while, the door opens and this time it's not a doctor. It's a boy. He's tall, dark hair and fairly muscular. I knew I had seen him somewhere but I can't think of where.
"Hey Mrs Y/L/N." he says.
"Hey Mark. She's been quiet but I guess that was expected." My mom replies, chuckling slightly.
Mark?
"Listen, I'll go get myself some coffee, I'll leave you two to talk." She says again after a while and smiles at me before disappearing out of the room, leaving me and Mark alone.
He sits down in the chair closest to me and smiles.
"So, uh.. how you feeling?"
I stare at him blankly for a while, mainly because I don't know who he is but also because I couldn't respond.
"Confused." I say quietly.
"You know who I am right?" He asks and I slowly shake my head, "I'm Mark Fischbach. I'm in you're English class? I uh... stopped Stacey Evans from murdering you."
My heart drops and I stare at him in disbelief. All the pieces fit together now.
"Oh my God... Mark? W-was that you?" I say, tears filling my eyes and he nods.
"I couldn't just stand there and watch her do that to you. I'm sorry I couldn't have been there sooner." He replies.
"I appreciate it. It's better late than never I guess." I say.
I take a deep breath out and stare at the ceiling, my whole body feeling numb.
"I should have seen it coming. For years now she said she would kill me if I don't kill myself and-" I start, as tears begin spilling out of my eyes.
"Wait, what? I'm sorry did you say years? Is that how long this has been going on for?" He asks with a firm tone and I nod.
"Since freshman year." I sigh and wipe a tear from my cheek.
"What the f.... I didn't know anything about this, I-... what exactly is it that's been going on?" He asks.
I take a deep breath and sit up in a comfortable position, as I knew we were going to be there a while.

---------------------------------------------
I think I'm going to do 1 or 2 more parts to this imagine.
A markiplier x bullied reader imagine was requested and I've actually enjoyed writing it so far😋
I've also gotten some other requests which I will try to post within the next couple of days :)
Thankyou all for reading, don't forget to vote and comment!
Love you ~ Nancy <3