Coming Out Strong

Sorry for the delay, hope y'all enjoy this one too. Thanks for the feedback too, as it helps me continue 🙏🏽

-----

Abel's POV:

The flight back to LA was short. I couldn't believe how I kept stressing about running into Bella in Paris, when in reality Paris is huge. There's so much to see, and do. I think it's time I unfollowed her. She shouldn't influence my mood or thoughts at all.

'Abel, you're home,' my manager said looking at me from the front seat of the private car.

'Oh, yeah. Finally.' I was absorbed in my mind that I didn't realize that I was back. An hour drive felt like 10 minutes. Getting into my penthouse and preparing to shower and relax, I just wondered how I'd get in contact with Selena. I had a good time with her and she made me feel good. It felt real, to me at least, and not some PR stunt.

With one person being unfollowed, another is followed on Instagram. And I guess, as dumb as it sounds that's what I did. I followed her.

-----

The next morning, Selena's POV:

'Ashley! Wake up,' I said to her grinning and rolling my eyes in a playful manner. She just groaned and continued to sleep. That's when I decided to scroll through my gram and I say one of my fan pages posted a screenshot saying, 'The Weeknd followed Selena.' To not be an eager beaver, I just left it at that and decided to make some French toast with lots of bacon. I can't believe I said I'd message him for the next date, everyone knows I'm too shy for that.

Mandy, 'Morning Sel, I hope you know you've got a photo shoot for Vogue.' That's right, my first American Vogue cover shoot, which I'm nervous for. 'Yeah I remember, thanks mom.' 'Honey are you and this rapper a thing now?' I giggled, 'Mom he's a singer, not a rapper. And no, I don't even have his number or anything.' 'Do you want it?' She asked me. 'Well, yeah but I'm too shy anyway to do anything with it. He was really cool mom.'

I know what you're thinking, how can be this shy at 24? In this business, not many take Disney stars seriously. Let alone someone like Abel, who's exposed to so many baddies. And I want someone mature, complex but loving. Someone that can grow me and that doesn't come easy.

'I'm gonna shower now and go mom,' I said after eating and staying with her for a bit.

'Ashley? Okay you're still dozed but I've got a photo shoot to get to.' She woke up groaning and took a piece of paper and gave it to. 'That's from Abel, he told me to give it to you at the after party when we land. I only remembered now since I've been drinking there and on the plane. I'm sorry.' 'But how-' 'Just text him,' she told me rolling her eyes.

-----

Abel's POV:

Spending the whole day in the studio is amazing but exhausting too. 'Let's order some Pizza?' Drake said looking at me and future from the other side of the glass after I finished singing my part to Future and letting him know what I came up with. 'Sure, after this though,' Future said to Drake. With that, future walked to the other side so he could check the sounds were right with Drake whilst I remained in the recording booth.

This new some was for Futures new album, and it was nice since I got to write my part. It was my turn now to sing my part in the booth and with the smile on Drake and Futures face I knew I did this song justice.

I know she wanna be poppin' all over the 'Gram
When the cameras come out, wanna hold my hand
Must be out of your mind, do you know who I am?
Man you're killin' my vibe, do you know who I am?
Oh yeah

I'd be lying if I said my ex had nothing to do with this, because she inspired it.

They take my kindness for weakness,
Still coming out strong

This is exactly what I need to help me move on and forget this. I'm coming out of this break up strong.

Drake and Future were done, slapping me on the back for my work and I was happy. It's always good to make a song that's genuine and raw. We ate pizza and I went home thereafter.

It was a long day and I was thoroughly exhausted since I'm still jet lagged. But after showering and checking my messages which are never a lot due to my small circle one surprised me.

'Will you still let me take you somewhere this time? It's not a date, unless you want it to be. - Sel X'

With a smile, I replied back, 'It's a date.'

She actually did text me, and I guess Ashley wasn't too drunk to remember I gave it to her- in case if I never got to ask her for it myself since, let's face it, we did all drink too much to remember to do what we originally wanted to do.

------

Short part, but the next one isn't and will be out tonight, since it's already written. Enjoy! 😘