10. Elorcan Wedding

Don't worry this is still Rowaelin. I do love Elorcan though!

    "Stop it, Manon! I don't care, this is my wedding and you will wear a dress, like it or not!"

Elide had gotten very bossy lately, thought Aelin. She's hardly scared of Manon. The witch stomped away from the bride and walked over to the dress, iron nails sliding out. Aelin barely had time to process this as a streak of white fur zoomed in front of Manon and turned into Lysandra. 

    "Do what Elide says. When you and Dorian get married we will all wear pants, okay?" This suitably flummoxed Manon enough for Aelin to drag her out of the room, away from the dress.

     "Chocolate?" After an hour of convincing Manon to wear the dress, Aelin had returned. Elide looked grateful for the chocolate. The clock ticked them toward the ceremony. Aelin got into her dress. She knew Rowan would wonder if she was wearing underwear, as the dress was rather revealing. The answer was no. She did her own makeup, and then Manon's, the witch looking annoyed but pretty in the dress. The helped Elide into hers. "It's beautiful," Aelin whispered. The dress was pure white, with a full skirt, and hemmed with hundreds of tiny crystals that reflected the light tenfold. Manon fingered the silk. "Be careful!" exclaimed Lysandra, look at Manon's long (regular) nails. "Yeah," Aelin chimed in. "The only one who should get to tear that dress is Lorcan." Elide turned pink. They did her makeup, that is, Lysandra and Aelin did, while Manon got in the way, never having a use for cosmetics.

It was time. Aelin took Rowan's arm and walked out the door. Aelin went off to the left while Rowan stood behind Lorcan who looked --wait, WHAT?-- nervous? Lysandra came with Aedion, and Manon walked down the aisle with Gavriel, looking grumpy only to those who knew her well, but extremely happy for Elide. Elide. Elide, walked down the aisle by herself, looking radiant. She hardly even limped. Lorcan's eyes lit up when he saw her. The priest made a little speech about love and dedication, and then it was time for the vows, which Elide and Lorcan had written themselves.

      Lorcan spoke first. "Elide, I love you. I love you with my entire being. You have shown me what it is like to be kind and understanding. You never lost faith in me, even when I was cruel. You are my life, my light, and my hope.

    "Lorcan, I love you too. Even if your ego is occasionally the size of Wendlyn." Aelin laughed through her tears. "You were always there for me, and you were always so strong, and... you were just there. You are my soul."

     And when they kissed, the entire audience probably shed a tear, or maybe three, even the Thirteen.

     The reception was wonderful. Elide and Lorcan stayed side by side, accepting gifts and congratulations. Aelin went to Rowan's side. "Do you ever wish we had a wedding like this?"

     Rowan wrapped an arm around her waist, drawing her closer. "Oddly enough, no. Our wedding was perfect. I wouldn't've had it any other way." They went up to the wedding couple, offering congratulations, and explaining that their gift, a pianoforte, which Aelin had taught Elide to play, was on its way.

     Later, they went for a walk in the gardens. Rowan sat down on a bench and tugged Aelin into his lap. "Are they mates?" she wondered. 

     Rowan grinned. "Count on it. I've never seen Lorcan like that. You know how he was, that bastard."

      "They look at each other the way we do," said Aelin quietly. She was going to say more, but Rowan kissed her, pulling her toward him.

    Lysandra and Aedion walked, arm in arm. They were approaching a bend in the path when Aedion made a face. Lysandra looked at him, and changed her ears into those of a bat, immediately cringing and putting them back to normal. "Yeesh, they invented rooms for a reason." Aedion laughed, and they turned down a different path, toward a grove of pine trees.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST IDEAS IN THE COMMENTS I AM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS PLEASE. Also, tell me what you thing of what I write :)