Chapter 2: The boy with a kind heart

|~Time Skip~|

"Hey, sweetheart, we arrived." I heard a nice woman say, I opened my eyes and saw everyone getting down the plane, my mom grabbed my hand as we exited the plane. My dad got the suitcase and my mom gave me my book bag, we exited the airport. My mom yelled for a taxi, and a taxi stopped and my dad placed all the bags in the trunk as me and my mom sat in the back. "Mommy, where are we living now?" I asked hoping she won't ignore me. "Ugh, Y/n, were in Ohio Cincinnati." My mom said looking down at her phone, once we arrived to the house I looked around and we lived in a neighborhood. It looked really nice.

"Y/n go play out here while me and your mother finish business. Alright?" My dad said in a stern voice. I nodded as he grabbed my bike from one of the boxes and handed it to me. I rode the bike near the street to look at the other houses. When suddenly I felt someone tug my shirt from behind making me fall of my bike, I saw three boys that looked older than me.

"What's a new baby like you doing in our streets?" One of bullies said as he kicked my bike over, I ran up and pushed him outta of the way but another one of the boys grabbed my arm a threw me on the floor, I began to cry of the pain when suddenly "Leave. Her. Alone." I heard another boy said with a soothing voice, I looked up to see a boy with black hair, brown eyes and he had glasses on, he was wearing a long white sleeved shirt with blue striped, dark brown pants and blue shoes, he looked like he was my age or possibly older.

"Stay out of it wimp, we just want the girl" the boy walked over and snatched my necklace of my neck, "NOOOOO!!!" I screamed as he took my necklace, I can't loose that, it's the only thing I have to remind me of Sean. The black haired boy, clutch his fist as he grabbed the guy who took my necklace by his collar and lifted him off the ground, "Ever, touch her again. And I'll rip your heart out" they black haired boy whispered before letting him go.

The bully dropped my necklace "If I ever see you near her or picking on anyone else, I won't hesitate to slit your throat, Got it?" The three boys nodded shakily and ran off screaming. The boy reached his hand out for me to take and I did, he saw my necklace on the ground and picked it up, he handed it to me and asked "Are you okay, did they hurt you?" "No, I'm fine. Thanks ummm.." he took his hand out for me to shake "My name is Mark" he said with a smile, I shook his hand and responded "I'm Y/n"

He grabbed my bike and brought it over to me. "Im sorry about them, they think they own the streets around here" he said rather mad, "Hey, its alright. You really did scare them!" I said proudly, he chuckled, he saw my bike and brought it to me, "Would you like come to my house?" He questioned. I nodded as I got on the bike while he steered to his home. It was a little far from home but with him felt safe, he lived in a cabin out in the woods.

He's house was really big and fancy for a cabin, "Do you wanna play some video games Y/n?" I nodded and we played 'Kirby the squeak squad and the amazing mirror' on gameboy. We played for hours until he grabbed my hand and ran outside.

But when I walked threw the door way he was gone, what? How? I saw there was a nice tree by his house, it kinda reminded me of Sean. I walked under the tree "Mark? Mark where'd you go?" I called out, when I was walking around the tree he popped out of nowhere hanging upside down on the tree.

I laughed as he helped me climb on the tree, it was so peaceful. Every Time I looked down I would get dizzy and hold on to him for dear life. "Come on Y/n! Just a little bit higher" he said as he pulled me up. When we finally reached the top it was so amazing seeing all the stars in the sky, we both sat on a blank just star gazing until I began to grow tired and my eyes were slowly getting heavier, I closed my eyes as I rested my head on his shoulder.