Chapter 1

3 Years Later

As I walked out of my apartment complex, traveling to my all white Honda coupe I talked to my best friend Akilah on facetime, who was trying to convince me to go to a party with her.

"Sis I am not coming to a block party with you

"Sis I am not coming to a block party with you." I voiced to Akilah.

"Girl you are such a homebody. All you wanna do is sit at home a do school work and watch Netflix." Akilah said with an attitude.

"Let me be a homebody. I didn't come to Virginia just to party, I came here to do something with my damn life. And why you coming at me like that because we all know if I came at you sideways your feelings are going to be hurt so chill. "I replied matching her attitude.

"I'm not even coming at you like anything. Honestly sis it don't matter what you do with your life you still have money. She said with a sly smirk.

"It don't matter how much money I come from I don't wanna depend on my mom for the rest of my life like most people do." I voiced while rolling my eyes.

"There you go throwing shots at somebody. Let me depend on my parents if I wanna depend on them, they have the money so why not spend it. Sorry Ms. save a lot." She said being hostile

"I honestly don't know why I'm even having this conversation with you. Every time somebody say something in general you think it's about you. Like bitch not everything is about you, this is not the fucking Akilah show." I said very irritated.

"Damn sis tell me how you really feel." She stated.

"I did so now what else is there to talk about." I said.

By this time had I made it to my car and was putting my books in the passenger side.

"Sis can you just pop out for an hour or so, if you don't like it then you can leave and not go to anymore parties with me EVER." Akilah stated.

"I'll think about it. I gotta go." I said hanging up before she could answer.

Akilah and I have been best friends since I came to Virginia. She's a Virginia native. But I sometimes find myself questioning how are we friends because she does not want the same things that I want. All she wanna do is: drink, party, smoke, and fuck. Like what about school, I mean isn't that why you came to Virginia Tech.