two

Tyler sat in his therapist's office, looking annoyed.

“Hello, how are you today Tyler?” asked Dr.Percival, crossing his legs and staring at Tyler, something blue-orange-green on his face.

“I’m fine.” Tyler said

“Ok, will it be a sucker or chocolate today Tyler?” the doctor asked as he opened a drawer filled with candy.

“Sucker” said Tyler, wanting something a little more sweet than the bland chocolate that the therapist had.

Tyler began to suck on his sucker, making questionable noises every now and then but he didn’t think much of it, thinking it was normal.

The doctor payed no attention to the treatment Tyler was giving his sucker, being used to it.

“So Tyler, what’s new?” he asked looking threw some stuff on his clipboard before looking up at Ty, a pen in his hand.

Tyler shrugged, focusing on the flavor of the sucker (it was banana, he hated it but kept sucking.) trying to not let the therapist know about the time when everything tasted bland, and the world to him was just blue-black.

The therapist sighed “did you talk to you mother lately, Tyler?” he asked

“...no…” tyer said, it was quiet, but he said it.

“Find anything you like? Another hobby maybe? Besides Josh?” the doctor asked, writing something down on his clipboard and looking back up again. All Tyler could think about was how josh was not a hobby, he was his friend.

“Josh is not a hobby.” Tyler said “he’s my friend.”

Dr.Percival sighed “Tyler, we’ve been over this. Josh is not real.” he said leaning closer to Tyler, slowly as to make sure not to disturb the boy in front of him.

Tyler didn’t respond

“Ty-” he was cut off by Tyler

“Stop that”

Dr.Percival pauses “stop what?”

“Stop using my name in every other sentence you direct toward me.” Tyler says “i know my name, okay?”

“Force of habit, T- force of habit” Dr.Percival says.

“I hate my name,” Tyler chuckles dryly to his doctor.

Dr.Percival pauses, looking at Tyler “and why’s that?” he asks, scratching something down on his clipboard

“It’s just a reminder.”

The doctor pauses. “A reminder of what?”

“It’s just another reminder that no one is really unique,” tyler says “no one’s actually special.”

Dr.Percival leans forward, looking intrigued “Elaborate?” he requests.

“Certainly,” tyler says leaning back into the coach he was on, looking at the offices painted midnight blue ceiling “you know, there is someone else out there named Tyler Joseph. Maybe not now, but there soon will be. Maybe even both. Depending on how long i live on this world.” he paused, tapping his chin “and even if there are infinite universes, there are an infinite number of Tyler’s, saying the exact same thing as i am, thinking the exact same thing as i am. Yes, there are infinite number of worlds were Tyler Joseph is a plumber who crossdresses on his spare time and has never once considered other universes, but that would mean there are infinite number of worlds that are not the exact replica of this one. And if that’s true, then no one has the need to feel special.” Tyler hummed, his head fully thinking about this, not that he hadn’t many times before, but saying it out loud made him realize just how real this might be, and he could tell by how quiet his therapist was, he had him hooked to this thought, he would be thinking about it for the rest of the day. “You could always argue, of course, that there are no parallel universes, but even so, there is still going to be someone out there with your name, in the past, present, and future. I also read that everyone has a dopplegännger on this earth, it might not be at the same time.” Tyler sighs “what’s the point in being unique?”

Dr.Percival stared at Tyler “and that's why you don't like your name?” he asked

“Haha, a rather wordy reason why, yes” Tyler laughed, sitting up again to look at the doctor

Suddenly Tyler looked at the clock, their session was over.