three

"how was the appointment?" Josh asked Tyler as he made his way through the woods, looking for something

"it was fine," Tyler said spotting something in a tree "i guess it was better than the ones before." 

Josh hummed as they walked toward whatever it was Tyler saw in the distance.

as they grew closer they saw it was a tree house.

"interesting. i don't remember this being here before..." Josh said, looking around him for any sign that someone else was there. he looked at Tyler, he stood there in front of the tree obviously deep in thought. 

"what's wrong?" Josh asked, carefully placing his hand on Tyler's shoulder, a look of concern on his face. Tyler finally learned that look as something more than yellow-blue-red.

"yeah, i'm fine"  Tyler said shrugging Josh's hand off of his shoulder and climbed up the rope ladder of the tree house, avoiding certain areas that some would not have noticed to be more dangerous  than the rest of the wooden structure. 

what Josh didn't know, was that Tyler's dad built the tree house for Tyler and his little brother Zack. so Tyler knew the place, Zack, however, forgot about it, seeing as he was 4 when it was built. 

when both boys were up the tree, Josh spoke up "how do you feel?" he asked looking at Tyler "who are you? Dr.Percival?" Tyler asked, laughing

"how do you feel? show me." Josh said again, taking a pocket knife and holding it out for Tyler to take.

Tyler looked at it and then back at Josh, "J-" he began, but was cut off

"show me." Josh said putting the knife closer to Tyler

he sighed, and then hesitantly took the knife from Josh looking down at the wooden floor board of the tree house

T-E-R-R-I-F-I-E-D

"terrified? why are you terrified?" Josh asked, confused but also intrgued about this feeling his friend was having

Tyler shrugged, and continued to trace the words that he carved.

"OK, lets head back home." Josh said climbing down, Tyler following after.

"you've never told me about your home," Tyler said "you know everything about mine, i want to know about yours" 

there was a slight pause, "it's all blue-black there." Josh said "no happiness. it's grey and no one ever laughs." he continued, Tyler shuddered.

"i can't even imagine that" he said 

"good. don't"

"i won't...is that why you hang out with me all the time?' Tyler asked, glancing at Josh through the corner of his eye

"not the only reason"