4

This is the
beat of my heart,
this is the
beat of my heart
•~•

"(Name), please don't actually go through with this." Midoriya laughed nervously.

"Nah, it's cool." (Name) waved him off. "I haven't gotten to fight a match in a while."

"But, still.." Uraraka mumbled nervously. "He's a pro hero.. You don't stand a chance.."

"Do not count her out just yet." Shouto spoke up, everyone turning and looking at him. "(Name) has a Quirk worthy of being a pro hero.. And the training her and I went through as kids just intensified that."

"Aw, thanks Shouto." (Name) grinned.

"Wait, as kids? Did you know her when you were younger?" Kaminari questioned.

"Well, they both got in through recommendations. It's not strange to think that, considering how close they are." Momo nodded.

Todoroki didn't say anything after that, instead focusing on his childhood friend. He wanted to intervene, but knew better. The last time he got in the way, it was not a pretty sight.

(Name) seemed as if she was going to run at their teacher, but there was suddenly a big gust of wind, and when the wind had settled, she was gone. Everyone blinked in confusion, wondering where she  had gone.

"Now now, Young (Name)! You know better!"

"Ugh, All Might c'mon, lemme go!" She whined, squirming in his grip. All Might had suddenly appeared and pulled her away from the fight.

"Not until you apologize to Mr. Aizawa." All Might demanded.

"But he was picking on Deku! I couldn't just let him!" She huffed, and All Might set her down.

"Ah, is that so? I guess I must have a talk with your teacher, then." All Might smiled.

Suddenly the bell rang, making everyone look up at the building.

"Midoriya, stay here and do your test. Everyone else, go change and get lunch. Your results will be here when you come back." Eraserhead sighed, watching as (Name) approached Todoroki again.

"Good luck, Deku." Uraraka smiled, before the rest of the kids turned to walk back to the locker rooms.

"You have to stop picking fights." Todorki sighed, glancing at the shadow user.

"Hey, it would've been fine!" (Name) huffed, the two of them behind their whole class.

"Still. You're too careless." He frowned a bit.

"And you're too careful." She grinned back at him, watching the shocked look on his face form.

"Wha..?"

"You said it again. You've gotta stop calling me careless." (Name) teased.

"I didn't mean to.." Todoroki muttered.

"Aw, don't get embarrassed." She snickered.

Suddenly a pair of fit arms wrapped themselves around her rib cage, pulling her to the male's chest. Due to height differences, the side of her head was pressed against Shouto's chest. She let out a soft yelp, not having prepared herself for it. Her face heated up instantly, and she didn't know if it was from embarrassment or Todoroki's left side.

"I don't wanna lose you.. Not now, not ever.. You're the only one I can trust, the only one who won't ever betray me.. I don't want to see you in pain, or crying.." Todoroki muttered, tightening his grip on her slightly.

"W-Where's this coming from, Shouto..?" (Name) questioned, wrapping her arms around him slowly.

"I.. I just had a bad feeling, that's all.. Sorry.." He muttered, attempting to pull away in the fear that he just embarrassed himself. However, the arms around his body tightened, making his eyes widen a bit as he looked down at her.

"N-No, its fine.." (Name) spoke shyly, something she rarely did. Todoroki was grateful no one was watching them, for his face was a bit red.

The two stayed like that for a few minutes, before slowly pulling away. (Name) immediately missed the warmth on his body, but didn't say anything. Their eyes didn't meet, instead focused on their feet.

"We uh, we should get changed.." Todoroki reminded.

"Oh, yeah.. I'll see you after class, then..? We walking home together?" (Name) questioned, looking up.

"Mhm.." He nodded swiftly, and the two exchanged awkward eye contact before walking into their designated locker rooms.

"Damn it, why didn't I just tell her..?" Todoroki muttered as he approached his locker.

"Well, there's always tomorrow."