11. Out Of Bounds

Chapter Eleven - Out of bounds

"Get out," Keira pointed Xander to the door.

Keira bit her lip to try and stop herself from blushing. She turned around when Xander tried to stand in front of her.

Xander sighed, his hands clenched into fists at his side. For some reason, he felt like he had to be near Keira and that he had to protect her. If there ever was such thing as soul mates, Xander felt like Kiera was his. Her small body curved precisely into his and her lips tasted like heaven. Her sweet strawberry scent was so addicting and it made him want to kiss her more and more.

Even when he had first laid eyes on Keira ,his heart had thumped so fast and so hard. Her voice was soothing like honey, and even when she shouted, it sounded like she was calling him to hold her.

"I need to show you something," Xander said, ignoring Keira's shouts for him to leave.

"I said, get out!" Keira shouted still and she grabbed his arm and tried to pull him towards the door.

"Kaira. Stop it know, you're being dramatic. The lesson isn't over," Xander said.

As hard as Keira pulled, Xander didn't budge.

"It may not be over for you, but for me it is, go please. I don't want to see your face," Keira whined.

Keira tried as hard as she could not to smile or laugh at herself. Even she knew that she was overreacting a bit but she felt like she needed some space to think about everything. Keira wanted so badly for Xander to kiss her again but she kept a straight face. Xander needed to know that she was serious.

After trying once again, Keira stopped trying to pull Xander and she glared at him, making eye contact.

Xander felt her fiery green eyes burn through his soul.

When Xander's jaw dropped at the intensity of her stare, Keira smiled and she pointed at the door one last time.

Without hesitation, Xander started to stiffly walk towards the door, as if under a mind-controlling spell. Keira frowned at his sudden obedience and she figured that something was wrong.

She had tried countless times to pull and push him out but it hadn't worked and yet one look and movement had instantly gained a reaction.

Xander had just about left when Keira went flying out the door and after him.

"Wait!" She called out.

Xander looked back, his neck stiff and his eyes focusing on Keira's.

He tried to turn his body around but was futile. There was some sort of force stopping him from going back to Keira.

"What did you want to show me?" Keira asked.

Keira's eyes were now a softer green and the fire had disappeared from them. As she asked the question, Xander felt his body return to him again and he could move more easily.

"There's something wrong Keira," Xander warned, "For a moment I felt like my body was not mine and that it would do anything that you wanted me to do."

"I thought that was voluntary," Keira smiled. She crossed her arms and leaned onto the doorframe.

"No, it wasn't. When you glared at me, something clicked in my brain and I had to leave. It's like your brain took control of mine and you did whatever you wanted to do with me. That fire in your eyes is controlling Kaira. You have some sort of power to make people want to do things, even if they don't want to."

"Well can I make you pronounce my name right?" Keira chuckled.

"This is not a joke Miss Parkinson. I might have to share this with the council," Xander's tone of voice was grave.