4

I watch Genevieve step out of her office and walk to the lift

I watch Genevieve step out of her office and walk to the lift. Her phone in her hand I decide to send her one last message before she leaves for the day.

5.20pm Cameron: Make sure you get some sleep Miss Reynolds.

I watch her reaction. No change in breathing. No fault in her steps. But her lips tug up slightly. As she steps into the lift I notice her fingers frantically moving over the screen. My phone buzzes.

5.22pm Genevieve Reynolds: I'll see you tomorrow Mr Cunningham.

Cameron! I wish she would call me Cameron! I have never thought of a woman like this before. I can't get her out of my mind. I sit back down at my desk. I think back to how her sparkling blue eyes pierced mine. When I realised she was Genevieve Reynolds my heart leapt into my chest. Honey. They call her Honey. I like Genevieve. Genevieve makes her sound like the beautiful woman she is. Genevieve is eager to be professional. I wonder if she has ever had the love of a man. Maybe I can convince her I'm worth it.

One thought I can't get out of my head... She hired a male P.A.

...

When I arrive at the tower the next morning at eight thirty Brooke confirms that Genevieve arrived at seven. Good girl following instructions. I head straight to the thirty-second floor and walk towards her office. Caleb is sitting at his desk just outside his office. I notice the fear in his eyes when he spots me.

"Uh... Mr Cunningham sir. Good morning. Can I let Honey know you are here?"

"Honey? I believe you should call her 'Miss Reynolds' she is your boss"

"Oh...um she insisted sir that I call her Honey I was only following her instructions but if it bothers you I could -"

"It does"

"Very well sir. Should I tell... uh Miss Reynolds that you would like to see her?"

"No need" I push passed the quivering twenty year-old and open the door to Genevieve's office. She looks up from her desk as I enter. Her eyes lock with mine. She glares at me before look back to her computer. I clear my throat trying to get her attention back. "Good morning Miss Reynolds"

She takes a deep breath before looking up and locking her eyes with mine once again. "Good morning Mr Cunningham" her voice is like a purr arousing in every way.

"I trust you were here on time" I say a small smirk forming on my lips.

"Well it's not like you would know" she mutters looking back at her computer.

Time to try a different tact Cameron...

"I have a charity ball to attend tomorrow night and I was wondering if you would like to accompany me." Smooth Cunningham, smooth.

"No"

Wait what? "Excuse me?"

"I said no"

"Do you have plans tomorrow night?"

"No I don't but -"

"Then you will attend"

"No thank you"

"I will pick you up at six thirty"

"No"

"Yes"

"Mr Cunningham I have work to do. If there is nothing else I suggest you let me get back to work it is after all what you pay me for."

I'm lost for words as I back out of her office. Caleb stands as I exit fussing over me again but I ignore him and walk straight to my own office. I push open the double doors and kick them them shut behind me. I have to find a reason for her to go to the ball with me. I need to show her the type of man that I am. I call the one person who can help.

"What do you want Cameron?"

"That's really no way to speak to your brother Olivia"

"Hurry up Cam I don't have all day"

"A dress. I need a dress"

"Coming out of the closet are we?"

"Olivia"

"Are we talking gown?"

"Yes"

"Size?"

"I'd say size two and she is only about 5'3""

"When by?"

"Two hours"

"Fine"

My sister hangs up before I even have a chance to thank her. This will work.

...

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" Genevieve storms into my office holding the box containing the gown Olivia sent.

"Is there a problem Miss Reynolds?"

"WHAT IS THIS?" she yells again throwing the box in my direction.

"I believe it is a dress,"

"I KNOW IT'S A DRESS! DID YOU DO THIS?"

"Miss Reynolds please stop yelling"

"I..." she takes a deep breath, "I'm sorry Mr Cunningham but I need to know is this your doing?"

"Yes it is for tomorrow night"

"But I already told you I wasn't going"

"And I told you I would pick you up at six thirty"

"Argh" Genevieve throws her hands up in the air. She storms to the door or my office. Before opening the door she turns back to me. "I will be working from home for the rest of the day Mr Cunningham" She slams the door behind her. I sit shocked momentarily, once I gain my composure I jump from my seat and run after her. I reach her just as she step into the lift.

"Miss Reynolds..."

The lift doors begin to shut, "Goodbye Mr Cunningham"

................

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!

Thanks for reading! :)