Chapter Sixty Eight: Fruits of Labour

Baby, I love you
I never want to let you go
The more I think about,
The more I want to let you know:
That everything you do,
Is super duper cute
And I can't stand it

Never Shout Never – Can't Stand It

It was late in the morning and Grace was in the bathroom putting on the finishing touches to her make up. The blusher brush was clasped between her fingers as she decorated the apples of her cheeks with the dandelion pink powder. Don had decided he was taking her out for lunch today, he wasn't due in to work until late in the afternoon and she was sure he was trying to make up for lost time in some respects. If she was honest Grace didn't mind being pampered or wined and dined.

Despite their amazing session last night, she was still self conscious about how her husband viewed her pregnant body. Being so large was a shock to her system and she had to regularly make allowances for her baby bump. She was used to being slimmer and more active and the baby hindered that, it made her slower and less responsive. Sometimes she felt like she was sluggish and fat, she couldn't even see her feet these days so how could she expect her husband to be attracted to her?

Yet Don claimed he was, he found it awe-inspiring that she was carrying his child. There was a primal urge deep down to protect and provide for his family, one that he took very seriously. It seemed that he couldn't keep his hands off of her and she enjoyed that. She thought he was aware of her need for reassurances.

All the time he whispered the most dangerous, sexy things into her ear and always it sent a delicious tingle riding through her body. Hearing all the dirty things he wanted to do to her in this heightened state drove her insane with desire and need. The fact he still wanted her no matter how clumsy and awkward she felt boosted her confidence in ways she could not being herself to explain.

The fact Don followed through with each and every huskily whispered word meant more to her than she could describe. Jesus just thinking of his hands roaming all over her body made her flush with delirious heat. He responded to her every whim, trying out the multitude of positions that made her more comfortable with patience and humour. No matter what she requested he delivered with ease and a smile.

God the memory of his fingertips digging into her hips as he took her from behind made her wet all over again. His throbbing, hot cock pumping in and out of her with deep, controlled strokes, her ass fitting snugly against the shape of his hips as she held herself up on all fours upon their bed. His words rang in her ears between his loud ragged pants.

"I sit at my desk thinking about fucking you like this, about plunging into your wet, tight, little pussy and making you scream with pleasure." he had growled as he slammed into her writhing, wanton form."Your mine, you and this baby are all mine and your gonna prove that by saying my name when you come Grace, I wanna hear you say it."

She had cried his name and a hell of a lot more as she rose up through the vicious haze of ecstasy that had stolen every doubt away her. He had taken her and there was no two ways about it and she loved being possessed like that. He never objectified her but by God he made damn sure she knew she was his. She held onto that feeling with vigour.

Being his was part of her identity now as much as being a mother was. She felt like pieces of her were being slipped into small, well organised cubbyholes. Cop, mother, wife, she was all of these things at once. Maybe not so much the cop at the moment but after the baby that would return. She liked the sense of belonging it gave her. She was in the right place at the right time, she could feel it.

The blusher brush clattered in the sink as Grace was viciously attacked by sudden cramping pain in her lower abdomen. Jesus Christ these Braxton Hicks Contractions were a bastard. They were worse than usual and lower down. It felt like her insides were seizing up completely. The only thing she could liken it to was to was horrendous menstrual cramps. Grace let out a shuddering breath at the sudden release between her legs. It felt like she was gushing and she knew the instant that it happened that this must be the real thing.