Epilogue

"Promise."

Two years later. Two long periods of time had passed. Alice didn't care; she would wait no matter how long it took. She had her chin propped up against her hand, grinning. She still believed that Amelia would return and come back to her. Just ruminating back on the last year that she'd seen Amelia... Even if it was a goodbye, Alice had no doubt that there would most certainly be a hello again.

~~~~

It'd been no more than a week since their little emotion fest. Their teacher had come into the room, looking somewhat disappointed. 

Oh dear.

"Amelia has just been withdrawn from the school, here."

Fuck.

"She's been enrolled into a military school some ways from here. I highly doubt that she'll be coming back."

Panic attack.

~~~~~

Alice was now on her way to university. She'd survived senior year. It'd seemed like people were content with just ignoring her instead of  at her, seeing as they too were preoccupied with their last years of youth and last years of testing and such to waste their time on bullying and throwing gibes at a classmate that they'd never again see.

To be honest, the only thing that kept her going that year was her supportive family and the hope that Amelia would be trying her best to discern her as soon as she was free from her parent's grasps. 

Ah, Amelia... She wondered how much she'd grown. How different she looked. How much had changed... 

"Please take your exit." The prerecorded voice came up. Alice grabbed her suitcase and few belongings before taking her leave off of the bus. The campus was only a block away, and so were the dorms. In a few minutes, she was already in her room unpacking. As she unpacked, she started reminiscing of the dreams she'd had where she shared a room with Amelia, which lead to more dreams and memories that she treasured. She started to set up her photos of them together.

Creak.

Alice dropped her pictures.

"Al... ice?"