A New Beginning

(Y/n POV) *a day later*

I held onto the steering wheel of Josh's car, Bella was in the back, silently sleeping with Josh holding her little hand.

"How long has she been asleep?" I asked Josh, looking at him through the mirror then refocusing my eyes on the road. "About twenty minutes." he smiled, looking out of the window beside him.

He then crawled over then center console and into the passenger seat beside me and buckled his seat belt. "Safety first!" he laughed quietly.

"Y/n, I want a new beginning for us." He suddenly said, growing very serious. I was shocked at first, but then thought about it, and realized that's what I've wanted for a while.

A new beginning. "Earth to Y/n.." Josh said, shaking me gently so that I wouldn't wreck the car.

"Oh-" I swerved quickly so that I didn't hit a car driving beside me. Josh chuckled, losing his serious demeanor quickly.
      "Oh shut up." I laughed, not being too loud. "But I want that too, a new beginning." I said.
     He nodded, smiling gently at the window. "You're cute." he said, turning his head around to face me. 
     "Really cute." I laughed, mocking his voice. "Jerk." he said, popping his knuckles.
    I looked over ever so slightly, watching him but also watching the road. 
    "And...we're here." Josh said, pointing to the driveway that I was pulling into.
    "Really?" I said, laughing.
        "Inside. Now." we both broke out laughing.
     He got Bella carefully, and we walked into my moms house.
     "Y/n! Josh! Hey guys!" she said, smiling at me and hugging Josh slightly.
   "Oh, hi baby!" she said, taking Bella from Josh. She was now awake, and definitely happy.
    "Hey Laura." Josh smiled, leaning towards me a little. "Josh." My dad said, walking into the kitchen.
     "Alan." Josh said, smiling lightly. My dad never liked Josh. He always said I was too good for him.
      "Look," Mom said, holding Bella towards him.
     "This is our new beginning." I whispered to Josh, leaning my head on his shoulder. "It is." he said.