Chapter two: Visitor

Egon's eyes lit up at the news and he got a bit teary eyed. "You really mean it Janine?!" he said with tears of joy in his eyes. "Yes silly. Now, you wanna look presentable right? Go ahead and put on that charming suit of yours," said Janine blushing. Even though she'd moved on to dating Louis Tully, she still had strong feelings for Egon, and I mean, who wouldn't fall for a smart, brunette man who towers over all of his team mates? As Janine was walking downstairs, she noticed Ray, Peter, and Winston surrounded around her desk laughing. "Now, what are you boys doing at my desk? That's very private information ya know!!" said Janine. Peter started laughing and Ray and Winston started snickering as Peter pulled up a picture of Janine hugging Egon, and then all three of them started laughing hysterically. "G-Get away from there you three!!" yelled Janine blushing. 

The three men ran upstairs into Egon's bedroom as Janine went to her desk to fix the problem. Egon was startled to hear them come running upstairs laughing, so very quickly, he hid his journal in a nearby dresser drawer before they even reached the entryway of his bedroom, or their bedroom since there were four beds in one room. Egon asked with a puzzled look on his face, "What's all the commotion about, you three?" Peter explained to Egon that he pulled up a picture with him and Janine hugging, and they thought it was funny, especially the way Janine was blushing when she ran to them. "So uh Spengler, where's your journal that you usually write in? I wanna see what kinda things you've discovered that we don't know about," said Ray. Egon blushed heavily because he remembered writing about a beautiful girl with dark brown hair, and blue eyes. "Uh, Spengler?" said Ray waving a hand in front of his face in a singsong voice. "Speengler. Earth to Dr. Spengs." Egon suddenly snapped back into reality and stopped blushing. "Huh, wha?" he said.

As he snapped back into reality, Janine came upstairs with joy and jubilee in her voice. "Egon, you have a visitor here to see you for some parts to a contraption that she's building." As Peter, Ray, and Winston looked at him with surprise and excitement, congratulating him on him maybe getting a girlfriend. Egon chuckled nervously as he straightened his tie and tugged on his lapels. He smiled triumphantly as he strode downstairs with his head up high. A beautiful girl with dark brown hair, and the bluest blue eyes looked his way and he nearly fell down the stairs. "Wha!!" said Egon as he nearly fell to his "death."

The girl quickly ran to him before he took a tumble down the hard cement stairs. "Woah! You okay sir?" she said as she caught him in her arms. Egon couldn't help but stare into her sparkling, blue, diamond eyes. Egon slowly straightened himself up, cleared his throat, and carefully walked by her, clearly embarrassed. "I, uh, I'm s-sorry about that ma'am." he said nervously. "Hey, no problem. I was just glad that you were okay." the girl said. Egon looked at her, trying to hide his little "problem." "So, what do you need for your device?" he asked. "Oh, well, I'm looking for some hard-drives and containment units for a trap that I'm building. It may come in handy one of these days." Egon hesitated to ask her to follow him, but he had the guts enough to ask her. "Follow me young lady. I've got a hella ton that I've been trying to figure out how to use in future traps, containers, proton packs, and anything else that we use to capture ghosts with." The girl looked around as they headed into the basement area where the containment unit is. On the shelves, there were slime samples, proton pack parts, different colored crystals used for proton streams and different effects for the packs. 

"Ah. Found it." said Egon grabbing a clear container full of extra bits and pieces to miscellaneous parts of equipment. As they were standing shoulder to shoulder picking out bits and pieces for her contraption, Egon felt a true connection with her. "So, what's your name?" he asked. The girl said with the sweetest smile "Autumn. Autumn Ray Parker. And you are?" "Oh. My name is Egon. Dr. Egon Spengler." He extended his hand for a shake. "And I am very happy to meet you Autumn." he said with a smile. As they shook hands, they each blushed at the sight of seeing each other. They were attracted to each other like magnets. Quickly, they broke the handshake and looked away bashfully. "Well," Autumn said, "I'd better go. My contraption can't build itself." Egon looked at her, and sighed happily. Ray, Pete, and Winston all gave him the raised eyebrows and made smooching noises. "What?!" Egon said.