Chapter six: No kissing on the job!

It was the next day after Autumn and Egon's little coffee visit and they were back at work, Egon went downstairs to check on the old containment unit in the main lobby. Janine was at the front desk, with a cup of coffee, and a pencil in her hair behind her right ear. She began typing away until Egon went up to her side. "Good morning Janine, did you get any sleep last night?" Egon asked with a tiny smirk. Janine smiled and looked straight into his eyes. "Barely," she said looking down smiling, "He couldn't let me go. He's so adorable that way, always too nervous to talk to women, always fidgeting, that's why I love him." Egon looked down at his hand..."But you Egon, you're special." Janine said inching her hand closer and slowly standing up from her seat. "Janine, what wrong?" Egon said as she got closer and closer to him. "J-Janine?" Egon said backing up blushing and shocked. Janine looked at him, slowly pushed him against the containment unit, and slowly moved her hand up his neck. He got chills just feeling her hands on him, then, slowly, she tugged on his tie and started kissing him. Wide eyed and shocked, Egon tried to pull away, but, some kinda force was keeping him locked into the kiss. Janine kept kissing him until they both heard the wooden stairs creak, and thud, as if someone was walking down them. Janine scrambled to her desk while Egon quickly tried to straighten up. He wiped his mouth and noticed that on his finger was cherry red lipstick. Thinking fast, he ran downstairs to the basement and went to the small bathroom down there to wash his face off. His heart was pounding so fast it put him out of breath. "Oh hi Ray," Janine said in the lobby. "Hey Janine, where's Egon, I have to tell him something." Ray said. "He went to the bathroom in the basement, he'll be out in a moment." she said. "Ok, thanks Janine, send him up when he's done." Ray said heading back upstairs. "Will do Ray, thanks." After he went back upstairs, she answered a phone call with "Ghostbusters, how can I help you" all while looking and smiling at Egon who kinda smiled back. As he went upstairs, she continued working when she pulled out a journal, wrote on the page, kissed it, and closed the journal.