E - Egregious

egregious - remarkably bad

Enoch's curiosity is at an all time high as Emma giggles at whatever you're doing in that notebook of yours. He doesn't want to seem like he cares too much, though, so he looks back down at the homunculi he's working on.

You don't make it very easy to not stare at you. Whenever Emma releases a giggle, one of your own follows closely behind, and at certain times, your tongue will poke out of your mouth and rest on your top lip as if what you're doing isn't completely distracting to the young man trying to do something serious at his working table.

"Do you ladies have anywhere else to do your cavorting? I'm busy trying to do something and all I can here are your giggles and whispers." He says with a huff. You smile widely and make eye contact with him, "Actually, no. I am currently drawing a masterpiece and you are the focal point. Now, Mr. O'Connor, I'd appreciate it if you went right back to what you were doing before." He keeps looking at you for a while, so you roll your eyes and make a shooing motion at him.

After ten minutes of vigorous drawing and erasing you hold the notebook at arms length, squinting at the work of art. Enoch watches as you look from him, to the drawing, and back again. With your final look at the drawing, a short guffaw forces it way past your lips, making Enoch feel a bit insecure. Seeing his head drop followed by a hurt huff, you clear your throat and nudge Emma, who has not been able to stop laughing.

"Enoch," You say as you make your way in front of his table, the piece of notebook paper clasped in your hands. The edges are frayed from where you carelessly ripped the page out of your book. The boy didn't look up, his feelings still hurt and making him angry.

It doesn't take his word though, or his attention. Working hard to contain your laughter, you slide your masterpiece into his vision. Immediately, Enoch feels silly for letting his feeling get hurt. The picture is horrendous. It looks like all of the time and concentration you spent was on making the picture as juvenile as possible.

His hair is drawn as two scribbles of straight lines on the top of his small, perfect circle head. And that is the best part of the picture, even the table is awful. Enoch is trying to keep his usual stoic face, but as he goes to talk, his mouth raises into a small smile. "Y/N, this is absolutely egregious. This is seriously awful." By the end of his sentence, he's chuckling.

"I'm going to assume that means fantastic. Enjoy your homunculi, I am going to enjoy some sunlight." You say with a smile before waving and leaving the room. Once he's sure that you're gone, Enoch stands up and puts his drawing on the back of his door. You may never see it, but he will, and that's what matters.