F - Fuscous

fuscous - something having a dusky brownish and gray color

Enoch grumbles as you kick at the rocks beneath your feet. He doesn't quite understand how you can be enjoying yourself so when he has to leave.

"Oh, come now, Enoch. I'm sure it won't be that bad. We can write each other. Ooh, and maybe, in a few years when I'm all grown, I can get away and visit you." You say, picking up on his sad and gloomy vibes, which is quite unusual for when he is with you. Usually, it would be a task getting him to shut up and stop laughing and flailing his arms like the corpses he moves, but this sad, hands-in-his-pockets boy blue, this is not your Enoch O'Connor.

Enoch stops walking and pulls you to a stop also, his eyes sad, "What if you forget me? You're going to grow up and get married and do everything we wanted to do together with someone else. I'm going to be stuck like I am now. You won't want to waste your time with me, Y/N." He says with his hands back in his pockets.

Without even thinking, you pull Enoch close to you in a tight hug. "I will never forget you or neglect you. You're my best friend Enoch, and no one, no matter how much more handsome or charming -"

"You can leave out that bit, I'm sure." Enoch says, interrupting you.

"...Than you they are... There can never be a replacement. Ever. And you will make new friends too. Cool peculiar ones that I can't compete with. So we are hypothetically even."

This makes the corners of his mouth quirk slightly. "Fine. I shall make new friends, but I will not be happy about it. Nor will any of them ever replace you. Ever." You're the one to smile now, wrapping the brooding boy in another hug, "Of course not. And they better not try to replace me either."

With his eyebrows furrowed tightly, Enoch pulls back from you, "Really, Y/N. I'm going to miss you. I don't know if I'll even be able to make another friend." Your eyebrow arches at Enoch's dramatic grieving. "You are going to make friends, whether you like it or not. Though, you can act as fuscous as you'd like while doing it."

The sky is getting darker by the minute, meaning Enoch will have to go home and leave you forever. All playfulness gone now, you squeeze him in a tight hug. "I love you, Enoch O'Connor. You're the best friend I could have asked for." Squeezing you just as tight, Enoch clears his throat, "I love you too, Y/N." He says before the two of you part for what you both assume will be forever.