G - Gelogenic

gelogenic - inducing, producing, or provoking laughter

A laugh pushes its way past your lips as you lie in the grass with Emma and think about your night.

Enoch shakes his head as he lets you lead him in the awful dance to the choppy tune you're humming. "Why is there so much hopping included? I feel like this is actually a rabbits mating dance and you're just waiting for me to be attacked." He says, looking down at your feet and trying to copy your movements perfectly.

His remark pulls a chuckle from you just as the hopping resumes. "Well, you asked me about the things I did in my free time before I came here. These were the types of dances we did."

"Your parties must have been horrendous. Here, it's my turn." He says in a scolding manner, shaking his hands free from yours. "Here, take this hand in yours... now yours goes on my shoulder," Enoch says, gently putting your hand as so. "Now mine, goes around your waist, like this," He says placing his hand accordingly. "And these hands, we just hold like this. The kicker about this dance is that the man, me, leads the woman, you."

As Enoch begins to lead you in the dance, you focus more on him than your feet. This is a completely different guy from the one you'd grown accustomed to dealing with. He's even initiating contact, and at this moment, you realize that the night must truly hold some hidden magic if it can make this particular bird sing a different tune.

"Y/N, this would be a lot more fun if you actually listen to what I say. Now come on, we're about to do the dip." He slows your joined movement considerably before leaning backward, "Enoch, I thought you said you were about to dip me?"

Enoch smirks at you, "I said we were going to do a dip, not that I was dipping you. Now get ready, don't drop me when you dip me." You laugh at his smile as you dip him backwards.

"What exactly is it that's so funny about me spotting a bunny in the clouds?" Snapping out of your thoughts, you turn your head to her, "Nothing, nothing. I was just daydreaming. Is it my turn?" You ask, referring to your game of pointing out figures in the clouds.

Emma nods her answer. "Okay. Well, I see..." The sentence drifts a bit as you search the skies for a proper shape. You attempt to pay attention, you honestly do, but all you can think about is how much fun you had with Enoch yesterday. He surprised you really, in none of your five years in the loop has he shown any interest in being your friend. Or anyone's friend.

For the past few days though, Enoch has been hanging out with you and being witty, funny, even. You never would have pegged him for the type of person you couldn't wait to hang out with, yet here you are, waiting anxiously for night time time to come so that he can come tapping softly at your door and making you laugh beneath the stars.

You don't notice how long you've been daydreaming until Emma smacks her lips, "Alright. Since it's obvious that your mind isn't on clouds and bunnies, what is it that has you giggling and smiling over here?" She asks, a teasing smile on her face as she rolled on her side to face you.

All around there are peculiars, screaming and laughing, but Emma refuses to let you divide your attention any longer. "It's Enoch. He's so... so gelogenic y'know?" Emma's eyebrows shoot to her hairline at the dreamy tone of your voice. "I'm going to assume that word means brooding and grouchy."

A chuckle pushes past your lips, "No, Emma. I mean he, he makes me laugh. It's like he becomes a different person at night time." This statement makes your friend shoot up from her lying position, "What do you mean, night time? Do you mean that when the rest of us are sleeping, you and Enoch are awake, giggling and being 'gelogenic'?"

When you roll your eyes at her, Emma takes this as a yes and claps, "Well then. While I don't appreciate being ignored during our daytime bonding, I do like this new information." You shake your head at Emma's silliness, but you can't quite blame her, you enjoy the information too.