iv.chapter four

Chapter Four.
"Hey," Haley approached Justin, nodding her head in the direction Kimberley disappeared in, "What was all that about?"

"Nothing," he shook his head, scratching at his chin. "Nothing, don't worry about it."

He turned and walked away, leaving Haley stood there as she clenched her jaw.
---
"Ah, Miss Walker. It's good to see you again," Kimberley nodded walking past the teacher's desk, glancing down she noticed Haley's foot sticking out, deliberately.

"If you're trying to trip someone up, you're going to have to do better than that." Kimberley snarled.

Haley popped a gum ball into her mouth, chewing on it as she rolled her eyes, tapping the end of her pencil against the desk.

"Ugh, who does she even think she is." One of her friends, stated.

"Beats me," Haley shrugged her shoulders before focusing on whatever the teacher was beginning to blabber on about.
---
"Hey! There he is!"

"Ah." Justin fake-screamed holding his palms up whilst chuckling.

The rest of the team chuckled before they did their greetings, which consisted of bro-hugs and handshakes.

"What were those meetings about?"

Justin shook his head running a hand through his hair, "The head wants me to get a tutor. In fact, she's already booked one for me."

"Really?"

"Who is it? Anyone we know?" One of them smirked.

"Kimberly Walker." A silence rang throughout the group.

"Woah."

"You got given that nutcase?" A blonde boy asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Man, I don't know what you're on about. She's smoking!"

"Mason," the blonde said, everyone turning to look at him. "Shut up."

Mason shrugged his shoulders, "Whatever, Brett. You know it's true."

"Guys, guys. I didn't come to talk about how 'hot' my tutor is. I came to talk about how much of a pain in the ass she is." They started laughing after Justin finished his sentence.

"What?" He asked confused.

Brett shook his head, reaching forward, trapping Justin under his arm as he used his other hand to ruffle his hair.

"Hey, get off me, man!" Justin exclaimed pushing him away.

Mason laughed glancing down at the ground, and shaking his head, along with everyone else.

"Come on, coach wants us." Brady, another boy on the team, stated.
---
Kimberly walked through the hallway, her hand clutching onto her bag as she glanced down the silent building, sighing to herself. Relieved for a moment of peace.

That was until, her arm was grasped and she was turned around.

"Hey,"

"Mason?" She asked, confused. "What? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at practise?"

"Yeah, I just. I told coach I needed a wee, I just-I had to see you."

"What?" She brushed a piece of hair behind her hair. "Is something wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he chuckled shaking his head. "I'm fine."

"So, what's wrong?"

"I heard that you're going to be tutoring Justin?"

"God, news travels fast. I haven't even tutored him yet." She laughed.

"Yeah, I just-I came to tell you to be careful, yeah? He's one of my best mates, and obviously I care about you as well," he grasped her hand and she looked up at him, confused. "So, just be careful, yeah?"

She hesitantly nodded, "I'm only tutoring him, Mase. What's going on?"

He ignored her question.

"I love you, okay?"

Before she could say anything else, he leaned down and placed a soft kiss onto her lips before pulling away and smiling softly, down at her.

"Yeah, I love you too."

He nodded, placing a quick peck on her forehead.

"Bye."

His hand slid from hers, and she watched him leave, desperately wishing she went with him.

A sigh escaped her mouth before she ran a hand through her hair, turned around and continued on her journey, walking past a certain hallway.

Where a certain someone was stood, Kimberly halted in her footsteps, the person sliding further into the darkness.

She shrugged it off before continuing walking down the hall.

"Phew." Haley breathed out, moving away from the darkness.