xii.chapter twelve.

Chapter Twelve.

It had been two days since Justin left.

"Has anyone seen Justin?" The coach questioned, looking through the hallways. Everyone mostly shook their heads saying no.

Haley glanced up meeting Bryce's eyes, they held their stare before she broke it by getting pulled by Gwen. Gwen glared at Bryce before walking away with Haley.

Mason, who was stood beside Kimberly with an arm wrapped around her shoulders, also narrowed his eyes at Bryce.

"Do you have an idea, Mason?" Bryce questioned. "Because the last time I saw him, he was speaking to you." He stepped forwards.

"You're his brother I'm sure if anyone knew where he was, it would be you."

"You're his best friend."

"You're his dickhead of a brother!" Mason exclaimed.

They continued stepping forwards until they were stood directly in front of each other.

"Do you really want to go?!" Bryce exclaimed shoving Mason backwards.

"Woah!" Everyone exclaimed getting involved.

"What the hell, Bryce?" Kimberly stated.

"Yeah, you have to get your little girlfriend to defend you-"

Mason rushed forwards, swinging his arm back and punching Bryce in the face. Bryce stepped backwards shocked before lunging forwards.

"Stop it!" Kimberly exclaimed rushing forwards. "Stop it!"

She turned around placing her face into her hands, Zara rushed forwards wrapping her arms around her best friend.

"Boys! Stop it!" The coach and teachers got involved separating the two fighting teenagers.

"Leave it on the field!" The coach exclaimed. "Fighting is not allowed in this school!"

"You're both suspended for a week!" Liliana exclaimed. "Get out of my sight!" She snarled.

Kimberly pulled away from Zara, running a hand over her face.

"Kimberly, can I have a word with you?" She asked. Kimberly shook her head.

"Not right now."

"Look, do you have any idea where Justin is? Or possibly could be?"

"No, I'm sorry, Liliana but I don't." Kimberly spoke, continuing to watch Zara not Liliana.

"Come on." Zara guided her outside.

The two girls watched an angry Mason kick a rock.

"Stay here." Kimberly murmured.

She rushed towards him. "Hey." She spoke. He looked up at her.

"Hey." He sighed, shoving his hands into his jean pockets.

"What's going on with you? You're never like this, you don't fight, Mason." She frowned, guiding his chin to the side so his face turned. She saw the redness on his face due to the punch he had received. She moved her fingers to gently touch his cheek and he winced pulling away, as he grabbed her wrist.

"I'm sorry but he got on my nerves."

"Mason, he gets on everyone's nerves! You don't see everyone going around punching him!" She exclaimed.

"Gah, Kimberly, you don't understand."

"Help me understand then."

"I just-" he shook his head. "I need to go."

Before she could say anything, he rushed off entering his car, slamming the door and starting the engine, giving her one last look before driving off.

She stood there and a shaky breath escaped her mouth, she ran a hand through her hair before walking back towards Zara, who encased her with open arms.

"Mum?!" She exclaimed opening the front door slamming it shut behind her. "I'm home."

She turned around, glancing at the shoes noticing the familiar rugged shoes were not there, causing her to sigh a breath of relief before she trailed up the stairs.

She entered her bedroom, closing the door behind her and dumping her stuff onto the ground. Sighs escaped her mouth before she wiped her eyes and entered the bathroom. She quickly showered then changed into leggings and a sweatshirt before deciding to chill on her bed.

She opened her Snapchat messages and streaks before clicking onto someone's name.

To Justin💪🏼: where are you, everyone's worried.

a sigh escaped her mouth as she continued glancing around. she grabbed her phone yet again, walking towards the bathroom mirror before taking a selfie then posting it on Snapchat. she added a caption 'someone speak x' then waiting patiently.

Justin💪🏼 is typing. . .
Justin💪🏼

She opened the Snapchat message her eyebrows furrowing as she read it.

Justin💪🏼: don't worry about it

her eyes rolled themselves before she threw her phone onto her bed, groaning loudly as she ran a hand through her hair.

"don't worry about it?" She asked herself. "Don't worry about it? What sort of stupid answer is that?" She groaned annoyed.

"Kimberly! Dinner's ready!"

"I'm not hungry!" She exclaimed ignoring her stomach growling.

"Kimberly! Dinner is ready, there is food on the table, and you need to get your ass on this seat right now!!"

A groan escaped her mouth as she stormed out of her bedroom, with one thought running through her mind.

People are so annoying.