ix.chapter nine

Chapter Nine.
"And, left arm!" Kimberly and Zara giggled as they moved their left arms around in a big circle, stretching. "Right arm!" Zara exclaimed, the two girls used their right arm, giggling.

"Are you two alright there?" Emerly questioned approaching the two of them.

Just as she spoke, Haley waltzed in with her two friends. "Sis, what are you doing with these two losers?"

"In case you haven't forgotten, sis. They're my friends." Emerly spoke annoyed already. "Pretty sure they used to be your friends too."

Haley laughed. "That was obviously a long, long-" her eyes twitched as she glanced at Kimberly up and down, noticing the disgusted look she was receiving back. "Time ago. Let's go, girls."

Haley and her group walked away, not before she purposely bumped shoulders with Kimberly, causing her to scoff.

"I know she's your sister and everything. But I seriously hate her." Kimberly spoke.

"Ditto." Zara and Emerly agreed. The three girls walked towards the bleachers, as more girls entered the gymnasium.

Some practising cheer-leading routines, some gossiping and chilling, others dancing to music like Zara and Kimberly previously were.

Kimberly tied her curly hair up into a medium ponytail, letting the front of her hair fall down.

Just as she finished, the door opened and some boys began walking in. She shared confused looks with Zara and Emerly.

As soon as Jason walked in with Brett and another guy, looking deeply invested in whatever conversation they were having, Zara lit up causing Emerly and Kimberly to nudge her as she blushed.

"Guys!" She whined as they laughed, causing some attention to be set on them.

Mason turned his head, whilst walking with Brett and Justin. He smiled and Kimberly smiled back, quickly before anybody noticed the exchange.

"Justy!" Haley exclaimed running towards her boyfriend, who looked alarmed as she wrapped her legs around his waist before they began a heated makeout session.

"Welllll. .okay then." Mason held his hands up in surrender causing Kimberly to laugh as he and Brett walked away from the couple.

Suddenly, Kimberly was pinched. "Ow!" She exclaimed causing Mason to turn around.

"What was that for?" She asked directing her attention to Emerly and Zara who were smirking at her. "What?"

"You have something to tell us?" Emerly asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"I-I don't know what you're speaking about." Kimberly lied before rushing off of the bleachers and towards the gymnasium, where the teachers began coming in.
---
As she wandered around, she bumped into the couple making out, causing Justin and Haley to pull away from each other and look at her.

"Kimberley." They said with two different expressions on their face.

Haley scowled whilst Justin looked kind of nervous.

She raised her eyebrows at the suspicious pair. "Yeah, that's my name, don't wear it out."

"You're seriously like a fly. You're everywhere and I can't seem to get rid of you." Haley rolled her eyes.

Kimberley gasped and dramatically clapped her hands together.

"Wow, how long did you search Google for that one?"

"Go fuck yourself."

"Fuck off."

"Girls, can you not?" Justin interrupted, the two girls glared at him and he held his hands up in surrender before walking away.

Kimberley went to walk away when Haley stood in her way, with her arms crossed. Kimberly went to walk again but Haley did the same thing, the two girls repeated the actions twice before Kimberly groaned annoyed and crossed her arms.

"Are you two alright over here?" Mason and Brett approached the two girls.

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?" Haley asked fake-smiling at the two boys as Kimberly rolled her eyes not turning around to face them.

Mason glanced over at his girlfriend, unable to see if she was okay whilst Brett glanced at the two girls with raised eyebrows.

"Is there a cat fight about to happen?" He asked

Mason and Kimberly rolled their eyes.

"I'm going now." Kimberley muttered stepping to the side but Haley blocked her like she did before.

"Haley, let her go." Mason demanded.

"And why should I?" Haley retorted. Brett stepped back watching the sign.

Mason opened his mouth and closed it. But Haley answered for him,

"Because she's your pathetic girlfriend?"

Mason and Kimberly tensed as Brett's eyes and Haley's smirk widened.