weren't

I walked away from her. I hoped our short conversation wasn't enough to make her interested in me as a person. As one who watches people, once you perk their interest, you'll never get away. Instead, I looked for some disaster. 

That disaster came in the form of a six-foot girl with a leather jacket and a black choker around her neck. Her hair was a mixture of her black roots and the sections that had been dyed a light blue.

"Do you've a light?" she asked. Her voice was slightly raspy. She must have had a cold or something

I pulled out a lighter and lit it for her. She smirked as she lit her cigarette. She blew the fumes right into my face. Well, that certainly was interesting.

"You seem shy. Not the wild type," she commented.

I laughed right in her face. "Oh trust me, I'm wild. Want me to prove it?"

"Yeah, I do actually."

I took the lighter right out of my hands and brought it closer to my shirt. She definitely didn't think I would light my clothes on fire, but I did.

"Lee, what are you doing?"

I ignored the girl, whatever her name was. I hopped on my skateboard and did a few tricks.

"You're almost on fire."

I could feel my heart beating. The rush was amazing. I finally stopped my clothes from burning and then I fell off my skateboard, straight onto my arm. Perfect.

"Have fun in the hospital," she said. "You're a fucking idiot."

"My name's Lee."

"Mackenzie."

Clearly, my skills didn't impress her. Too bad. I was impressed by her though. She was my exact type. 

Have you ever met someone and you just realise, woah, that's exactly what I need. That's how I felt when I met Mackenzie.

"Hey, you need to be brought to the hospital," Mackenzie said.

Good. "Are you going to bring me?"

"I can't. You know who can though? My friend Titania," she said. "Have fun."

"Hey," Titania said.

"And so we meet again, I've a feeling that you're stalking me, you know," I said.

"Why would I have to do that? After all, what were the words you used? Oh yeah, I'm worth more than your entire existence," Titania said.

Titania lifted me up with her bare hands. "Woah! Easy there, tiger." She wasn't amused by my comments. She safely tucked me into the passenger seat of her car. It was a pretty nice car if I do say so myself. It looked pretty fancy. I don't know that much about cars though, so I'm not sure if I'm right.

She started driving and her driving was perfect. It wasn't reckless like mine. She didn't even go through a single orange light. Nevermind the red ones! This chick clearly didn't care about how she was wasting her time bringing a guy she just met to the hospital. The music blaring wasn't even my type either. She was listening to Shakira. Who even listens to Shakira now? I bet Shakira doesn't even listen to her music anymore. 

"We're here," she said with a chirpy smile. Her teeth were like those ones that you see in a toothpaste commercial. They were obviously fake. 

"Thanks, I could have died."

"What?" she said.

"I'm dying," I said. "My arm is broken."

"That can't kill you. You could die from a broken bone if it pierced one of your vital organs, such as your heart or a lung. A broken arm is quite simple to fix. It's child's play for an experienced doctor."

Titania and I got out of the car.

"Titania, are you here to work today? It's lovely to see you again," the receptionist said. It was my favourite receptionist, Lisa. Lisa is a sweetheart even if she does try and scold me.

"Not today, I'm afraid. I have a loser here with a broken arm so that needs to be checked out," Titania explained. Wait, why would she work here anyway?

"Lee? Back again I see. What did you do this time?" Lisa asked.

"I lit my clothes on fire and fell off my skateboard," I explained and gave Lisa a cheeky smile. She just rolled her eyes at me. How rude.

"Please take a seat in the emergency waiting area." The receptionist handed Titania a book and she grinned.

I already knew the drill. I'd been here so many times before. I'd get scolded by the doctors but even so, they'd still patch me all up. After all, it kinda was their job. They got paid to do it. The doctors probably love me coming to the hospital over and over again, they're just afraid to admit it. They don't want to persuade me into any more stunts.

I clearly don't need persuading though.

 Tatiana was reading some book so I just fell asleep for a while.  It took like ten million hours for the doctor to arrive.

"Mr Lee Walker, aren't I glad to see you again?" Mr.Doctor said. I forgot what the name was. This doctor didn't think I was cool at all. It's okay though, I definitely don't need validation from everyone I meet just to feel alright.

"Aw thanks, I'm glad to see you too man."

"What did you do this time?" The poor doctor was filled with disappointment. Just how my poor mother feels about me.

"I was trying to impress a girl but I fell off a skateboard and broke my arm," I explained.

"Titania, did it work?"

"Oh no," she said with a small laugh.  "He wasn't trying to impress me anyway."

"She's out of your league anyway," the doctor said. Wow, this doctor really does hate me.

"I don't believe in putting people in leagues. Nobody is better than anyone else," Titania said.

"Do you want to do the honours of putting the cast on?" 

Titania shrugged. "You didn't even do an x-ray on it."

"You're talented Titania. You told the receptionist that it was broken, so it's definitely broken. You're one of the most talented doctors I've ever seen."

"You're a doctor? You're like sixteen."

"We've a special internship programme here for students after they finish high school. Titania just happened to get the internship."

"Wait, you're finished high school?" I asked. My mouth dropped wide open. "That's so cool. When did you finish?"

"Last summer. I'm guessing you're going to be starting senior year soon. It's your seventeenth birthday today." She looked up from the book she was holding. "Happy birthday, by the way."

"Only a couple weeks, then summer and then senior year," I said. I couldn't wait to finish school. "Wait, how'd you know it's my birthday?"

She gestured to the book.

"How did a book tell you my age?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "These are your medical files."

"Oh." My eyes widened at their size. "That's big."

"If you'll excuse me, I have to work. Bye Lee, goodbye sir," Titania said.

She walked away. Damn, finally. That girl is really annoying.