Conflicted

The Hero Emilia has just awoken from her slumber, yawning and stretching both arms outwards. She steps out of bed and suddenly feels all the knots in her back, she doesn't know whether it's stress or work, but it's highly uncomfortable. Well it couldn't be stress, her life here on Earth wasn't necessarily a bad one, truth be told she fell in love with this place and one of it's newer inhabitants. She blushed at this random thought and mentally slapped her self. What the heck did she mean by that she thought to her self. 

She had a day off, so she decided to go see a face she could never get tired of seeing. Red again she slapped her cheeks for thinking these outrageous thoughts again. She then decided to get one of her shirts that complimented her long shiny scarlet locks. Not that she cared about looking good for a annoying broke demon. She continued to go back and forth with insults and endearing compliments about the boy. She walked out her front  door cursing herself for thinking these stupid thoughts about him  "STOP IT!" she yelled flustered muttering and pulling her hair, neighbors staring at her like a crazy person. 

~

Two demons a king and an adviser sitting, still in shock at the amount of money that purple horse-maned roommate racked up on the electricity bill.

"Stupid NEET, you cease to make our financial situation any easier" Alciel barked, throwing a wooden spoon at the boy after scanning the house bills. 

"Ow...Yeah whatever, make me food" The boys face planted into a fascinating article demanded. 

"You know what, I can make you leave this house ungrateful brat" The demon adviser hissed. "My lord, please consider his exile from our castle" the adviser requested.

"Yo, stop playin!" the boy rolled his eyes at the demon adviser. 

"Ashiya's right you know" the devil nodded, sitting Indian style opposite of Ashiya. 

The door to there apartment swung open without any hesitation as a "Yo seriously guys stop messin' with me" came from the background.

"Do you seriously not have any friends that you have to see us every single day" The king grumbled, shooting displeased glare at Emi . 

"I have Rika" the hero retorted. "Anyways I have to keep an eye on you at all times, I don't know what you demons will try next" the hero nodded, acting as if they were beneath her.

"Or is it that you can't be away from my master for too long" Ashiya teased, winking at his master. Maou shook his head at the joke, obviously looking annoyed. 

"NO, definitely not that" the girl blurted all flustered. 

"Are you okay hero, looks like Ashiya hit it right on the nose" the NEET intervened, rapidly clicking his keyboard and staring at the screen nearly an inch away. 

"Shut up nerd" she retorted in embarrassment, rushing over to him driving her knuckles in computer nerd's head. 

"I'm tired of it" The irritated demon lord blurted, tapping his index finger on his arm. 

"What?" the hero Emilia asked confused. 

"I'm tired of you acting like we are going to destroy this world, I'm tired of you looking at us like some monsters" the hero getting ready to counter that last comment as the devil spoke again not giving her the chance. "Maybe Satan, Lucifer, and Alciel were monsters...but..." the demon paused. "Maou, Ashiya, and Urushihara are human now" the devil preached. 

Everyone in the room shocked at the outburst.

"I fell in love with this place, I would never do anything to hurt it" the demon conveyed passionately. 

The hero looking down finally taking the time to process it, and put two and two together. She realized he was right, she hated to admit it though. She looked up at him with a slight tint of red to her face, thinking the way the devil finally spoke up was... pretty admirable. He usually hadn't the effort to stand up to her like that. 

"Emi" he called derailing her train of thought. 

"Y-yes" she stuttered getting caught off guard. 

"I know you hate Satan, and I know you mean well" he stated looking deep into the blushing hero's eyes. "But you shouldn't hate Maou" the devil concluded, staring intensely into her eyes. 

She realized his argument was meaningless, and was all of a sudden angered.

"Satan killed my father,destroyed my village, and ruined life in Ente Isla" the hero gritted her teeth, and rushed out the door in tears. 

Urushihara and Ashiya went back to their daily routine not thinking anything of the incident, not caring about the hero's feelings. 

Although there was a concerned Maou staring at the open door, regretting his lecture. Not knowing how to approach the conflicted hero. 

I did not just come up with this idea, I have been working on this along side with about 4 other stories for the was week, so I didn't forget about the readers who read Goddesses have feelings too. If you haven't read that it's a Konosuba fanfic so please check it out. 

Leave a comment, I'd appreciate it.