Satan is No More

Emi laid on her bed hugging her pillow, deep in thought. She knew not whether to acknowledge her newly discovered but strong feelings for the devil, or keep things the way they are. One thing is for sure she will never forget what Satan has done, but Maou makes it so hard to ever stay mad at him. He was just a completely different person than he was in Ente Isla. 

Her mind was so conflicted, she didn't know what to think anymore. Believe it or not, she realized a long time ago that he probably wasn't going to do anything to harm this world. She just had to be in denial to fulfill her duty, or she was just hardheaded. It seemed easy for Suzano to see passed it. She had to hate him, she was made to hate him, but really she...she...

Her door swung open startling her. 

"NO I wasn't, I don't, I mean..." She rambled blushing furiously at the word that was about to come up to finish that thought. 

"Look Emi, I'm sorry" Maou apologized.

"Oh yeah" Emi murmured looking to the side. 

"I didn't mean to go off on you" Maou murmured 

"I just wanted to show you that you don't have to worry about us destroying Earth" he added

"Like I said we love this place, this is more of a home to us than Ente Isla" Maou continued. 

"Are you telling me to forget about what you've done in Ente Isla, to forgive Satan?" Emi questioned. 

"No I'm not telling you to forgive Satan"  Maou paused.

"And I truly am sorry for what I have done in Ente Isla" Maou Continued. 

"I'm just asking you to not take it out on Maou" He concluded. 

After a few moments of dead silence Emi retorted ''They are both the same to me" Emi stated harshly, still disregarding her true feelings.  

''hmmm, if that's how you truly feel" Maou sucked his teeth, shaking his leg. 

"I guess I will tell you how I feel, Emi...I.." he paused once again.

"Really like you a lot Emi, and I truly care about you" Maou continued, and stared into Emi's shimmering golden eyes. 

 Emi stood there in silence eyes wide, the color of her face matching her hair. 

Assuming his feelings were not returned he stood up and walked away. Emi shot up and grabbed Maou's hand, prohibiting him from walking any further as he looked back.

"Well...I..." she started, staring red-faced at the floor. 

"Don't hate Maou!" she blurted. 

She then internally face palmed as she realized she still didn't have the will to say exactly how she feels. Well, at least it wasn't a lie.

"That's good enough for me" Maou smiled. 

Emi melted seeing his genuine smile, knowing he was telling the truth earlier. 

He turned the doorknob, then halted turning back. 

"Don't worry Emi, I'll get you to love me too" Maou added on to his previous confession. 

The door closed, leaving the apartment in complete silence as Emi mumbled...

"I already do"

I know that was super short but... I also thought it was pretty cheesy.

Tell me how you felt about it though.

I appreciate your feedback.