millie

in life we kiss, and we love, and hate. we give, and take and laugh and scream and cry. we live, we breathe and we waltz around touchy topics with touchy people. or we dive into the river drowning ourselves in the deepest of whispers.

 late night phone calls, clean sheets, a shooting star. the smell of christmas, the childish excitement on easter morning, the beating of our chests when we stop running. we all forget, and we all forgive. and our minds may stay with us sometimes they won't, people will leave and others will stay. but we are all connected in some stupid way.

 the questions of our life, those ones that keep you up at night. it's 3 am. we love who we want. sometimes we can't help it, our whole fucking being jumps into some one's fragile arms. snap or hold? but we trust, because this world would be nothing without it. 

i'm a girl. who liked a girl. And shoot me dead if that was wrong, but i couldn't help it. her face, like space, the stars her dull freckles. her red lips, cherry gloss, like mars. her laugh that rang through my entire body the echoes of planets. her teeth, a lingering white the shadows of the moon. her tongue the way it twisted with mine like two stars orbiting so closely they were touching. her ears, that listened to my jarring nightmares, her hair that tickled the nape of my neck, the colour of the sun. i didn't love my best friend, i was in love with her. and the beautiful swirling universe sadie sink left behind. 

let's see how this goes hey 

-m