drop

sadie's ginger locks danced in the white room around her freckled face, a small smile crawling at her lips. millie's short hair tickled her left cheek, and laughter was laced into each heavy breath she took. the white pillow was thrown at sadie's bare tummy and she squeezed her eyes shut, screaming in beautiful laughter. sadie slammed the bear into millie's hip and they fell back on to the messy pink sheets. millie's hazel eyes drooped, searching from sadie's pale lashes to her thin lips, breathing in, the smell of cherry coke played off the girl's neck. the younger girl bit down on her lip. sadie trailed her right hand along the girl's jaw. millie shuffled her face closer, she nodded her head lightly. sadie moved closer, and their lips grazed. first kiss. First Touch. first girl. millie flipped herself over straddling sadie's hips, she opened her mouth about to mumble the inevitable words but millie placed her thin finger above them, before pressing her lips back to her best friends. 

my lunch tray sits in front of me. the colours of food picked at and cold. the caf screams with laughter, slamming of drinks, light sounds of phones. but i hear nothing, my shoulders hunched over, and staring at my lap like as if i fucking did that she would somehow come back. she would come back. and she would do that smile, the one with her mouth closed but her freckled cheeks reaching up. or she would blow a kiss and i would catch it. i would catch her. i should have caught her, and i didn't and i know that. i know that, us humans can't live with that though. The big if. she needed me, and i knew it....but i never came. If. i let her go, we all did. but none of us can live with that so we tell ourselves that we are innocent, that she is in a better place now. we did wrong. this world it's not good, it's not nice. and I need her, to make the days feel less like a storm and more like smelling roses. she was a fragile flower rested in our palms. a petal dropped, a part of her did to. but she had thorns, and every single colour in the spectrum. but black is just a shade isn't it. colours, shades. it can easily change from a beautiful red to a swirling midnight black. D R O P.

i kinda like this... i would love to hear more feedback 

have a lovely night xo

-m