Chapter 1

"Almost there!" Samson roared. "Just keep sweeping!"

It was another night at the zoo, and another night for some turtle-curling tournament. Once again, the penguins are holding their place, while Samson and his team are desperate to steal their title. Fortunately, tonight seems to be the night of the former zoo champs.

"Let's get this over with." Bridgette was aiming for the win.

"Right at ya baby." Benny hollered, passing the turtle to Bridgette.

The giraffe caught it with ease and was now pacing towards the goal. Unfortunately, a group of penguins had blocked the way.

"Ha! I knew you penguins would do that." Nigel boasted. "Over here!" He called, shifting Bridgette's attention.

"Gotcha." Bridgette swung her hockey stick at Nigel's direction, knocking the turtle over to him.

The small koala had a heck of a time getting the turtle in position, but managed to get it on the way.

"I got it!" Nigel blurted out. "I may be slow, but I am fast." He added with a whim as he is inches away from the goal.

The giraffe facepalmed. "What you just said Nigel completely contradicts your first statement." She objected, but before Nigel could reply the microphone cackled again.

"Lookie here folks! The penguins are sending their ace, Victor, in the field once again." The penguin host announced.

"Oh no, not Victor again." Nigel complained before Victor showed up in front of him.

"Move out of the way Victor!" Nigel spat.

"Not on my watch." Victor snapped back, trying to get a better control over the turtle.

"Nigel! Pass it to Larry!" Samson ordered from the edge of the field.

"Aye aye captain!" Nigel replied and passed the turtle to his comrade, who was procrastinating in the middle of the field.

"Watch out!" Samson roared to get Larry's attention.

"Wait, wha-" Larry was hit and was sent flinging around towards the edge of the field.

"Larry move!" Samson commanded to the hypnotized snake.

Larry shook his head and immediately harkened his captain's command. "Okay, I'm going!" He seemed to finally put his head on the game.

Now a horde of penguins are about to crash into Larry, attempting to ambush the poor snake.

"Larry, aim for the goal now!" Samson gave his most menacing roar. He clearly couldn't afford to lose.

"Oh I can't watch this." Nigel covered his eyes, but temptingly took a little peek between his fingers.

Larry, on the other hand, seemed nonchalant at the situation. "Okay, tally ho!" He uttered his lucky catchphrase and flicked the turtle with his tail.

The turtle slid across the ice, and the crowd watched in anticipation. It was now slowing down at the goal, passing through the red circle, white circle, and it won't take long... Bullseye!

Samson's team had hit the jackpot!

"This is unbelievable folks! Samson and his crew have somehow managed to catch up with the penguins, and now the score is tied." The host announced.

Samson and his team cheered. "Yeah! You did it Larry." Samson went over to the bewildered snake.

"I did? Oh yes I did." Larry remarked.

As the crowds cheered for Samson and his friend's accomplishment, Samson surveyed the audience for any sign of Ryan. To his dismay, his son is nowhere to be found.

"Did any of you see Ryan?" Bridgette noticed too.

"I don't see him either." Benny was the first to reply.

"Well, let's just hope he's not inside one of those green boxes again." Nigel pointed out.

"Oh come on, he's probably just hanging out with Eze and Duke." Bridgette stated, referring to the kangaroo and hippo.

"Well, my best guess is Scarlett." Benny added.

"Wait, Ashley isn't here too?" Bridgette questioned.

"Nope, neither is Tyler." Benny uttered.

"Hmm, I wonder what's the hold up." Samson said as his eyes still surveyed the huge crowds around the field.

"Well, let's just say Ryan's with someone and maybe he has a good reason why he has been lagging behind." Nigel stated.

"I agree with Nigel. There's no more reason for him to go inside those green boxes. If Ryan's not here then it's down to someone he knows." Samson agreed.

"Well, he always comes up late. You should get used to it. I'm sure he'll show up towards the end of the game." Benny brought out.

"You're right Benny." Samson said before diverting his attention to the game. "Well, we're tied with the penguins. Now we just need to get a better hand at them. We'll make it." He stated.

"Positive sir!" Nigel saluted.

"Ready?" Samson asked as his team gathered. "And... BREAK!"