William Nylander • Toronto Maple Leafs

"Willy, stop," I whined, pushing his face away once more. "The Leafs just made the playoffs for the first time in over a decade and you're wanting to kiss your sick girlfriend. What would make you think that was a good idea? You're lucky I even let you lay here,"

The blonde boy smiled brightly and tightened his arms around me. "You say that like you don't love cuddles with me. Even Kappy said I give the best hugs,"

"Then go cuddle with Kappy," I mumbled into his chest, bunching his hoodie between my fingers.

"I can't kiss Kasperi now, can I?" 

My giggle was cut short by a string of violent coughs. I brought my sweatshirt over my mouth and turned away from him, continuing my attack before breathing in deeply. "Right now you can't kiss me either,"

He cringed at the sound of it and pushed a piece of hair behind my ear. "Well, even when you don't sound like you have bronchitis, I still have no interest in kissing Kasperi,"

I let out a softer laugh than the last and dropped my head in the crook of his neck. William tugged the blanket off the back of the couch and let it drape over me, tucking it under my body. 

"Willy, baby, you know that I'm proud of you, right?" I mumbled, not stopping to think before continuing. "I don't want to pretend that I'm not nervous for the playoffs and I don't want you to think I'm doubting you guys, but I've been a fan of the Leafs since the day I was born. This city hasn't seen the playoffs go well for them in decades. The last time they won the Cup was 1967. There's about to be so much pressure on you guys and I don't want you to crack under it. It's just so frustrating-"

"Chill for a second," he chuckled. "I know what I'm getting into. Since it's the hockey fan in you talking right now, I'm gonna give you a super media answer, then I'll give you my good boyfriend answer, okay?"

I nodded and sat myself up to lean back on the arm of the couch. 

"I'm on a team with incredible guys. We're going to do the best we can to not let the fans down. They've been amazing all season and they deserve to see some amazing playoff hockey," he stopped and pointed to himself. "Now, as for my real answer, I am nervous, but I'm not scared. There's always going to be the worry that we're not going very far, but I have so much faith in us and I have you here to help me with it when I need you,"

"That still sounded like a media answer," I teased, sneezing unceremoniously into the crease of my elbow. "Though, I do like the credit you gave me,"

Willy grinned and stretched his body towards me, pecking my cheek. The minute I turned to him, he pressed his lips to mine, taking off down the hallway before I even got a chance to blink. 

"Oh boy," I shook my head before calling out to him. "Don't say I didn't warn you,"

His giggle echoed from our room and I let a smile stretch my cheeks, standing up and walking over to stand in the doorway. "Don't say I didn't warn you," he mimicked. "It was 100 percent worth it,"

"You won't be saying that when you're dry-heaving on the bench after a two minute shift because you can't breathe properly," I shrugged, crawling into bed beside him. 

It fell silent for a moment before the headboard creaked. Willy threw an arm over my hips and kissed my shoulder gently. 

I sighed and relaxed back into him. "I'm also telling everyone it's your fault if you guys have an early exit,"

"It won't be just my fault if I go and kiss Kasperi, though, will it? Then, both of us will be sick and they can blame both of us," 

Requested by hockeyboysaf