Matthew Tkachuk • Calgary Flames

"Hey. Woah. No," Matthew held his hand up in front of me, then pointed towards the door of my room. "I know you have a one piece in there,"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I do. What's your point?"

"We're gonna be around a bunch of hockey players. A bunch of horny male hockey players. You wearing that in front of them is going to be difficult for everyone," he made a face at his own words.

"If there's twenty-something year olds that can't keep it in their pants at the sight of a grown ass woman in a black two piece bikini, maybe they shouldn't come to the beach. Or be around people in general," I challenged, pushing passed him.

He grunted in defeat, following me out the door.

When we arrived, I immediately picked out his friends from the rest of the beach-goers. I grabbed my bag from the back and jogged to catch up with Matthew, who had made an effort to keep at least two strides ahead.

"Hello. Dude," I panted, grabbing his arm when he was finally in my reach. "Don't tell me you're mad at me, Matthew Tkachuk. You have no place to tell me what I can and can't wear and you know that. What the fuck is up?"

He simply shrugged my hand off and continued onward, flashing a smile to the group in the midst of a volleyball game. I scoffed at his immature nature and threw my stuff down into the sand, tugging my cover dress off.

I paraded over to the six of them, smiling at the familiar dark-haired boy before waving to the others. "Hey Auston. Hey guys. I'm Matthew's best friend that he's too pissed off at to be an actual adult and introduce everyone to,"

They laughed and motioned for me to join the opposing side, whistling and hollering when I threw a snide look Matthew's way.

If my team coming out as winners at the end of the game hadn't pissed him off more than he already was, Auston's constant comments towards me had his blood boiling.

"I'm just saying that your body is like, incredible. Has anyone ever told you-"

A hand wrapped around my wrist and tugged me away from the confused centerman before he could finish his question.

"Okay, seriously? What the hell?" I whined childishly. "Can I not have a guy be attracted to me? Do you have a problem with me getting any sort of attention?"

"My friends are assholes, okay? I hang around them. I hear the kind of shit they say about women and it's not fucking right," Matthew muttered, running his free hand through his curls.

"Why is that your problem though?" I asked exasperatedly as I struggled to break from his grasp.

"Because I fucking love you, okay? I'm the one that wants to be with you. I want to protect you from bullshit like that, people like them. This world does not deserve you, okay? You are too good for this nasty, terrible place and I want to be there to keep you away from all that I can,"

I stared up at him with my mouth agape, heart beating faster the moment his eyes finally met mine.

"Look, you don't have to feel the same way,"

"Shut up," I spoke breathily. "I'm actually kind of mad at you,"

He pointed to himself. "At me? Why would you be mad at me?"

"You had me feeling like an idiot for months because I thought I was going crazy falling for my best friend,"

"Oh," his shoulders fell momentarily. "Oh,"

"Oh?" I giggled. "I've waited a long time for this. I expect a little more than an 'oh',"

"Can I kiss you?"

I put on a teasing smile. "That's it? Come on, lover boy. Sweep me off my feet or something,"

"Shut up," he laughed, pulling me towards him and ducking his head to place a short, sweet kiss on my lips before whispering to me. "Idiots are looking. More later,"

Requested by MarvelGeek13

Y'all this is trash. I don't even know if it makes sense, but I haven't updated in over two months and I feel like shit because of school. I promise I'll try to make them better when I get back into the swing of things.