After School Guantlent

School for the two heroes was much more difficult than they imagined. Whenever one of their names were called they'd usually answer for the other, or they forget who they were and would get yelled at for not paying attention. Adrien had a few more advance classes than Marinette so it was even more difficult to keep up on. Of course there was something more dangerous than school work that they had to face, and that was Alya and Chloe. Chloe mainly made things difficult for Marinette as she had to do what Adrien would do and tell her off nicely. It wasn't much easier for Adrien as Alya kept prodding him for an explanation for her sudden courage towards Adrien, and Adrien was trying his best to make convincing excuses.

Luckily they made it through the day without anyone, other than Alya, getting suspicious of them. Adrien waited for Marinette outside the front doors, he was gonna try to give her some advice before she had to go. Gorilla pulled up as Marinette exited the school, looking disheveled.

"You okay there, 'Adrien'?" Marinette nodded slowly, looking tired already. 'Do I always look that drained?' Adrien thought to himself.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just hope that we get this over quickly, I never want to use the boy facilities again." Adrien chuckled at her, but was given a stern glare from Marinette that made his chuckles die down quickly.

"It beats having to be in the same room as Plagg as he eats his Camembert." That earned a genuine laugh to come from her. "If you have any trouble you can text me, you know your own number. I'll try to check up on you too." Gorilla honked the car horn, startling the two of them. Marinette forced her tired body to the car, giving a shy wave to Adrien, who returned the gesture. As the car drove away Adrien made his way towards the bakery.

The sweet smells of chocolat du pain, croissants, cookies, and all of the other delicious goods, filled Adrien's nose as he walked in. Sabine was working the register and helping customers managed a quick wave; it was the most recognition that Adrien had ever received from his own parent. He waved back and started heading for the stairwell, but stopped when he heard a voice call out to him/Marinette.

"Hey sweetheart! How was your day at school!" Adrien felt embarrassed to admit that he was jealous of Marinette and the fact that she had a loving family- even when they were working. But never the less he tried to not be petty about it, and do his best to look beyond that.

"School was good, I'm just gonna go up and do some homework!"

"There are some chocolate chip cookies for you upstairs, your favorite! See you at dinner sweetie!"

"See you!" Then Adrien rushed up the stairs, picking up the container of cookies from the counter and took them up to Marinette's room. Adrien took one and bit into it, his taste buds exploded. 'Was there anything that Marinette's parents couldn't make that wasn't so freaking good?!' Tikki dove into the container, taking giant chomps of the cookies. Adrien's eyes shot wide open when he saw this innocent little thing, devour the cookies like a monster. Tikki noticed Adrien's shocked expression, clearing her throat, she addressed him.

"What? Do I have chocolate chips on my face?" Adrien shook his head.

"No, but... I just never expected you to eat like this. Plagg maybe, but you? I would have never guessed it." Tikki giggled at him; she knew fully well of Plagg's eating style. Though she never considered her eating habits to be similar to his, it was still funny to her nevertheless.

"Chocolate cookies are simultaneously my strength and my weakness. They are so good! I've never met a baker that could make such good pastries!" Adrien nodded in agreement as he took another cookie and ate it.

"You are right they do make amazing food. Marinette is so lucky to have them." Adrien thought for a moment and then checked her phone. He received no messages from his phone for her, but a few from Alya; they were mainly just continuations of her earlier questions. Adrien decided to ignore them, and he looked back at Tikki. "I hope she's alright, from what I heard father stockpiled events for today to make up for yesterday."