Chapter 9

===Heather===

As the two of us flew to Berk, I just had a sudden thought. We haven't even had breakfast yet! Then, my stomach started grumbling. "Ummm....... Hiccup?" I called out to Hiccup. "Yeah?" He questioned. "We didn't eat breakfast." I said to him. He was silent for a moment. Then said, "Oh, well....... let's just eat the apples we've packed, and hopefully it'll help make us get through until we reach Berk." He suggested. I nodded and took an apple from my saddle bag. I munched on it as we flew above the fog bank.

Then, I noticed Windshear eyeing my apple, her tongue out and drooling. I gave her a comforting scratch and reassured her gently, "Don't worry girl. We're almost there."

By the time Berk came into view, it was already lunchtime. And my stomach has been growling like an angry dragon. "Hey Heather, what do you say we head straight for the Great Hall." Hiccup suggested. "Hiccup, you are a lifesaver." I said and the two of us sped to Berk and landed in the Great Hall, not even bothering to say hi to everyone.

The two of us grabbed as much food as we can and devoured them like a pack of hungry Timberwolves. Windshear and Toothless are wallowing in the fish pile outside the plaza. I guess that's what happens when you don't eat breakfast.

We finished our food and the plates were licked clean. I got up from the table and had a nice good stretch. "What do you say we catch a few winks before we catch up with the others?" I suggested as exhaustion  crept its way unto my body. "My house, then?" He asked, and I noddd. The two of us went out of the Great Hall and whistled for Toothless and Windshear. They came and we quickly mounted up and glided down. They collapsed on the ground and fell right asleep, not even bothering to know if we are off their backs or not.

We entered Hiccup's house to find that Stoick wasn't home. 'Must be doing chief duty.' I thought as we climbed the stairs to Hiccup's room. It was exactly how I remember it. Except for the fact that it's completely clean. No sketches on the walls. His table free from brushes, quills and charcoal pens. The only thing left was Toothless' stone slab, Hiccup's bed, pillows and a blanket. The two of us just fell on the bed. And miraculously, it was big enough for the both of us. I guess Hiccup thought it was weird before, sleeping with me here, because we barely knew each other. But now, there's no room for weirdness when you're about to die of exhaustion.

I woke up an hour later to a whole bunch of people bickering next to me. "Who's that girl sleeping next to him?" Fishlegs asking, I presume. "I don't know, but she looks familiar." Astrid, no doubt. "Do you think that they are dating?" I wish we were, Ruffnut. "Maybe. I mean, Hiccup's arm is draped over her shoulder." Tuffnut, of course. "Why does Hiccup get all the pretty girls?" Maybe if you weren't so snotty and narcissistic Snotlout, you might actually have a shot at getting a girlfriend. Then, I felt someone caressing my cheek. I immediately got up, and punched whoever was doing it square in the face. I'm not surprised, it was Snotlout.

The sound of my fist coming into contact with Snotlout's face jerked Hiccup awake. I turned and saw that he was eyeing the other riders. "What are you guys doing here?" He asked them. "We heard that you were back in town, so we decided to see you." Fishlegs answered him. "But you were asleep next to her." Astrid said, gesturing to me.

"What happened to you, Snotlout?" Hiccup asked Snotlout, who was writhing in pain in the corner of Hiccup's bedroom. "She punched me in the face." He said, pointing his finger at me. Hiccup turned to me and said with a proud smile, "Good punch!!" I just smiled at him in return.

"Hiccup, look I don't mean anything from this, but who is she?" Astrid asked, referring to me. "I'm surprised you guys didn't recognize her." He stood up and folded his arms over his chest. "What to you mean?" Snotlout asked him, as he finally recovered from his trauma after I punched his face. Hiccup must shook his head and held his hand out for me dramatically. I played along and took his hand as he helped me get up from the bed. "Let's go outside first." He said to them and we all went out of Hiccup's house.